How times change...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NamelessPlayer, Jan 1, 2015.

1. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Mobile Deity

It's now 2015, and I figured I'd drop back in again after a few years of silence now that I have a Galaxy Note 4 for Christmas. This is already the sort of device I was yearning for years ago when going through the X50v and hx4700 way back when and talking about 'em on here. Remember when these forums were all PDA talk?

Now I've got a device which I'm still reasonably sure is smaller than the hx4700 while packing a much bigger and ludicrously higher-resolution screen, has pen input those old resistive digitizer PDAs can only dream of thanks to Wacom while still retaining today's capacitive multi-touch capabilities. This has been the best PDA I've ever owned, so to speak! It really is the sort of device I could've used back in high school instead of the aforementioned X50v and hx4700, what with the Tablet PC-level note-taking capabilities while still being pocket size and all.

That's not all, though. My stepfather used to be one of those "a phone is a phone AND NOTHING ELSE" types who really didn't like the idea of smartphones, but we wound up getting him one of those $1 Galaxy S5s on Black Friday anyway. Turns out he's enjoying it far more than any of us expected...funny how people change, isn't it?

Even three years ago, I never thought I'd be able to own a smartphone due to that aforementioned someone, and now the entire household's packing 'em while I show everyone how to make the most of their capabilities. Times have really changed, that's for sure.

lelisa13p, Mi An, scjjtt and 3 others like this.
  2. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Great to hear from you again, nameless! I have to admit the Samsung Note series phones have always been tempting to me, although I've always been a Nexus guy, mostly for price (I don't do contracts). Now that Nexus prices seem to be going the premium route and I'm enjoying a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (no pen though), I may be gettng more tempted.

Sent from my SM-T800

3. Mi An

Mi An Untethered

That's quite a machine you're packing. The Notes still stand out from the crowd, even after all these years.

Hook, lelisa13p and scjjtt like this.
  4. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Happy New Year, NP. :vbsmile: Glad to see that you checked in. :newpalm:

RickAgresta, scjjtt and Hook like this.
  5. weegie

weegie Mobile Deity

Nice, I've tried one of the IT guys Note 4 at work and it's very very nice, they've improved the stylus operation immeasurably since the original Note [and Note 2] and finally using it well for text editing.

scjjtt likes this.