How many of us crossed the wall?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bokkie, Aug 13, 2005.

?

which is your favorite current add on?

1. Extra memory

20 vote(s)
    2,000.0%
  2. CF Radio

3 vote(s)
    300.0%
  3. GPS

14 vote(s)
    1,400.0%
  4. Cell phone/wireless internet

24 vote(s)
    2,400.0%
  5. Wireless LAN/bluetooth

30 vote(s)
    3,000.0%
  6. other

7 vote(s)
    700.0%
  7. Extra memory

20 vote(s)
    2,000.0%
  8. CF Radio

3 vote(s)
    300.0%
  9. GPS

14 vote(s)
    1,400.0%
  10. Cell phone/wireless internet

24 vote(s)
    2,400.0%
  11. Wireless LAN/bluetooth

30 vote(s)
    3,000.0%
  12. other

7 vote(s)
    700.0%
  13. Extra memory

20 vote(s)
    2,000.0%
  14. CF Radio

3 vote(s)
    300.0%
  15. GPS

14 vote(s)
    1,400.0%
  16. Cell phone/wireless internet

24 vote(s)
    2,400.0%
  17. Wireless LAN/bluetooth

30 vote(s)
    3,000.0%
  18. other

7 vote(s)
    700.0%
  19. Extra memory

20 vote(s)
    2,000.0%
  20. CF Radio

3 vote(s)
    300.0%
  21. GPS

14 vote(s)
    1,400.0%
  22. Cell phone/wireless internet

24 vote(s)
    2,400.0%
  23. Wireless LAN/bluetooth

30 vote(s)
    3,000.0%
  24. other

7 vote(s)
    700.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qyd

Qyd Mobile Consultant

since R2 and my one RMA I haven't had any major problem with my iQue, so I rarely checked the PDA forum (every other week probably, for news, updates and iQue stories).
    I got word about the mass migration via rwsmith's caribbean maps newsgroup, so I joined the ranks here. For the knowledgeable people and occasionally for the funny off-topic chit-chat.

2. rkevwill

rkevwill Mobile Deity

Ann, and others, re: JP's comment about clicks and traffic.

Finally, something that I know something about. Notice, he mentioned that other forum's traffic increased with the upgrade. Ummmm did you look at some of the other forums? Perhaps they increased from 4 visits a day to 6? I am not kidding here, MOST of those forums were pretty lame with number of daily postings.

Now, for the facts Jack. When a person is in a forum, and sees an ad, he might click on it and go there. Guess what, in SOME cases, when he hits the back button to go back to the forum, he MAY be classified as another visit. (not always, depends on the system they use). And he WILL be classified as another visit, if he goes back to his bookmark, and then goes back. These are most likely NOT more users, (even he should know that). When we used to check our visits, we always made sure to cross the visit hits, with the "Unique visits" count, as they were always way different.

Look at the posts total in the garmin forum, they are WAY down, no question. Nothing they can say can change that.

We needed a bit of excitement anyway to shake things up. Things were getting a bit boring with the relative stability of the Ique, compared to those things that Bokkie uses ;)

3. bokkie

bokkie Mobile Deity

Very funny!:D

I'll have you reprobates know that my HX4700 is extremely stable until...I switch it on.;)

4. reinbeau

reinbeau Mobile Deity

Ha! An admission from the Dark Side! I love it! Bwahahahahaha :D

5. bokkie

bokkie Mobile Deity

Very funny!:D

Ann, I'll have you know that this is the Dark Side! Elsewhere, there used to be a clear cut distinction between the iQue and the GPS 10 that resulted in the creation of a PPC quarantine pound where the M5, GPS 10, et al were forced to use. Now, we have one common forum where iQue and PPC GPS matters must now share, but not willing bedfellows perhaps. Possibly we ique robustus and ppc neanderthals are now but two savages on the same desert island, mindful of each other's territory, but desiring friendship. Come, come, dear Ann, will ye not accept the olive branch proffered, and with mutual accord let us live at one with each other?:):eek:

6. Curious Cat

Curious Cat Mobile Deity Super Moderator

To make Bokkie feel at home here, why don't we ban him for a while? :D

7. reinbeau

reinbeau Mobile Deity

Sounds like a plan, Stu, but he's kinda fun to have around and I missed him when he went to the Dark Side's Garmin forum over at that place we will not name :D

I'm actually really glad we're all in the same playground again! :newpalm::newpalm::newpalm:

8. bokkie

bokkie Mobile Deity

Thanks, Ann. I really do appreciate that.:newpalm:

9. rkevwill

rkevwill Mobile Deity

I always did like having all the garmin pda products in the same forum. It gives us a chance to compare, review, and get tips about our units. After all, many of us may want to have more than one different units.

I also like this OT area, where we can discuss the crazy stuff.

10. Bee Square

Bee Square Or Bee There

I did an unscientific survey for the past 7 days (Aug. 21-27), keeping track of the number of Members and Guests viewing the Garmin forum (from the Currently Active Users box at the bottom of the forum page) most of the times I logged on--at least once each day, and an average of exactly twice a day. To get the numbers of Posters and Lurkers, I subtracted from the Members number those users who (at the time) had 0 posts, and added them to the Guests number. (The number of posters may be skewed a little high in this accounting, since I was counted among the first group each time.)

The totals came out to be exactly 75 posters and 75 lurkers.

So, I think a reasonable estimate is that there are roughly the same number of lurkers as posters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.