How many of us crossed the wall?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bokkie, Aug 13, 2005.

?

which is your favorite current add on?

1. Extra memory

20 vote(s)
    2,000.0%
  2. CF Radio

3 vote(s)
    300.0%
  3. GPS

14 vote(s)
    1,400.0%
  4. Cell phone/wireless internet

24 vote(s)
    2,400.0%
  5. Wireless LAN/bluetooth

30 vote(s)
    3,000.0%
  6. other

7 vote(s)
    700.0%
  7. Extra memory

20 vote(s)
    2,000.0%
  8. CF Radio

3 vote(s)
    300.0%
  9. GPS

14 vote(s)
    1,400.0%
  10. Cell phone/wireless internet

24 vote(s)
    2,400.0%
  11. Wireless LAN/bluetooth

30 vote(s)
    3,000.0%
  12. other

7 vote(s)
    700.0%
  13. Extra memory

20 vote(s)
    2,000.0%
  14. CF Radio

3 vote(s)
    300.0%
  15. GPS

14 vote(s)
    1,400.0%
  16. Cell phone/wireless internet

24 vote(s)
    2,400.0%
  17. Wireless LAN/bluetooth

30 vote(s)
    3,000.0%
  18. other

7 vote(s)
    700.0%
  19. Extra memory

20 vote(s)
    2,000.0%
  20. CF Radio

3 vote(s)
    300.0%
  21. GPS

14 vote(s)
    1,400.0%
  22. Cell phone/wireless internet

24 vote(s)
    2,400.0%
  23. Wireless LAN/bluetooth

30 vote(s)
    3,000.0%
  24. other

7 vote(s)
    700.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bokkie

bokkie Mobile Deity

At the bottom of each of the forums there, is an iconic link to internet.com who are the company that host many sites: pdastreet is listed on their menu. I took the opportunity to send a message to the company asking them to please initiate a full investigation into his behavior. I gave them the site address. I don't think they will do anything, but maybe someone higher in the chain will at least be aware of it.

2. New Cell

New Cell Unleashed Enigma

Please forgive my intrusion......

But what was the single most reason for leaving?...........n/c

3. paul6347

paul6347 Mobile Deity

Mine was deleting posts without reason.

4. Q-Eye

Q-Eye Once lost, now found...

I was very upset at the handling of the "situation", but the single strongest reason for my leaving was that all of my forum friends had either left voluntarily or been banned for suggesting that another forum existed. It was just too much. The feeling of family that I get within the community is like a powerful drug and I was/am not willing to go through withdrawl.

5. apersson850

apersson850 Mobile Deity

When more and more people left, or were forced to leave, I simply stated that I would, from now on (or rather, from then on) be a member of this group as well. Then JPnyc threw me out, so I ended up being a member of one group, just as before, just another group.
    Gave me no choice, really.

So now I'm trying to learn the habits of a new forum;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

6. Curious Cat

Curious Cat Mobile Deity Super Moderator

I was banned for changing my tag to read something like, “Everyone is leaving because of the advertising”.

It seemed to me that people were getting banned after posting their arrival here. Definitely a quick trigger.

7. cmthmpsn

cmthmpsn Mobile Deity

I left not because of the ads, but because of the censorship, first, and because all the knowledgeable people were banned, second. I wasn't even seeing the ads because they were off the right edge of my screen. I was, and am, VERY upset that they had the audacity to censor our PMs. When I last checked, I hadn't been banned over there, yet, but with all my posts and PMs today telling people how to find us here, I might be soon.

8. reinbeau

reinbeau Mobile Deity

Well, I'm still over there, they haven't stripped me of my moderator powers. I haven't seen that James has done any fence-mending, if anyone would care to post a link I'd like to see what he's up to. JPnyc is still active today, he's just quietly editing and deleting posts. My post to the moderators' forum still stands as the last, they've obviously decided to drop it for now. The last remark I see that JPnyc made was as follows:
    So he seems to be saying that everything will be just fine and they'll rebuild the membership, and that the wonderful 'upgrade' has increased traffic, so it's a Good Thing. I guess they think they can find people with the iQue knowledge that just left PDA Street, but I doubt it.

Please do as Anders has suggested, let it go over there, let things settle. We're fine here now, we'll build up our knowledge base here and life will go on.

9. New Cell

New Cell Unleashed Enigma

I totally agree with your statement...."and life will go on"......Perhaps a change in life is due for you and others......
    Funny, I played with several sites and found Bargain by accident...I have enjoyed staying with them.........No hassles makes for better input even when in gray areas........n/c

10. eric777

eric777 Mobile Consultant

Good suggestions Reinbeau - thanks for your input both here and there. It was upsetting to think that all the good input would be gone with the banning...like missing friends!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.