How good are Dane-Elec SD cards?

Discussion in 'Tungsten T series' started by Franz, Jul 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franz

Franz Mobile Enthusiast

I just bought a few dane-elec branded cards and I was wondering if these are good or not so good SD cards, on the box says iso 9000 and 10 years warranty!!

2. misteremanca

misteremanca Mobile Consultant

Last summer I purchased a Dane Elec 256MB card which lasted all of 1 day in my T1. I am not sure what the problem was, but it would continually not be recognized in either my Palm or my card reader.

I never did try it in my digital camera.

Using card info on the palm, I found this card to be a rebranded san disk card.

After eventually figuring out the card was faulty (and that it was not me) I tried contacting Dane Elec. Very poor customer service, in my opinion, as I received no responses to my phone calls and emails.

I then returned the card to the store where I purchased it, and they gave me a replacement. This card is a rebranded Panasonic, and it works absolutely perfectly.

Ultimately, I am happy with their product as it has worked like a charm since initially being replaced.

Good luck with your cards!

3. Franz

Franz Mobile Enthusiast

I just opened the case and inserted the 128Mb card on slot, appeared as a Toshiba card, I read a report that this cards reads at 16mb/s but writes at slow rates, something around 2mb/s, after a couple hours of use I can say that this one is faster than my previus SandDisk 256.