How does everyone carry their T|X?

Discussion in 'Palm' started by Vortec4800, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vortec4800

Vortec4800 Newbie

I just bought a T|X today, and so far I love it. It was actually a bit of a road to get here though...

First I bought an iPaq something-something, which had Windows Mobile 5. It was a decent device, but there were many things about it I didn't like. The biggest being it wouldn't play at all with my Mac. So, back to the store it goes. I had an old Palm m130 which was nice for its day, and I rembered liking the Palm OS - and it's syncing capabilities with OS X. So I bought a LifeDrive.

I used it for a day, and it too went back to the store. I loved how it worked, but it was gigantic. I have an iPod which I use for playing music, and my digital camera uses compact flash cards so having the 4gig hard drive really wasn't necessary for me. I then ended up with the T|X, which from what I could tell, is basically the LifeDrive sans HDD and microphone - and a slower CPU. The Mac I use at home is 450MHz so a slower CPU in my Palm is not going to bother me at all. When I need some heavy-hitting computing, I've got my AMD Dual Core monster waiting patiently for me.

Anyway, while the T|X is much smaller and easier to carry around (the included cover is nicer as well) I'm still wondering how everyone totes it around with them. I'd like to take it with me most everywhere I go, and I already need to carry keys and my cell phone. I don't like putting anything else in my pocket with my keys because that's just waiting to damage something, and while I can pile the palm and my cell in the same pocket it would be pretty cozy in there and my jeans would stick out 4" in front. It fits well in my back pocket, opposite my wallet, but I'm afraid of sitting on it in the car and at home and hurting it that way.

So how does everyone do it? What seems to work best for you? Give me some ideas!

2. Dick Tracy

Dick Tracy Detective/Moderator

Welcome to Brighthand Vortec4800.

I use a Piel Frama case with belt clip. $59 including shipping at Stylus Central. Sometimes jacket pocket, sometimes in a pack. There are a bunch of threads on cases, use the Search function on the left.

Back pocket is not a good idea.

3. 81wingrider

81wingrider Mobile Enthusiast

I use a leather case that I purchased at a Franklin Covey store. I used it to carry my IIIxe for years and found it fits my TX perfectly. It has a metal belt snap on clip or you can use the enclosed belt loop for even more security. If you catch the case sitting down it will somtimes slide off the clip on so I find myself using the belt loop more often.

4. TX_asaurus

TX_asaurus Mobile Enthusiast

Mine came with a cool hard case. I carry a metal clip board with me almost everywhere..The mighty TX rides inside the metal clip board (where the contact book used to reside).

When not there, its in my shirt pocket.

I protect that thing with my life!

5. French

French Mobile Deity

I carry mine in the inside pocket of my purse. The answer is obvious...you need to get a man-purse...(like on Seinfeld). I use a regular purse being that I'm a female and all...

Or...my DH often refers to his "soft briefcase" as a man-purse.

:D

6. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

Welcome to Brighthand, Vortec4800 :)

7. mutantCheese

mutantCheese The Cheeziest!

Varies from no case in cargo pants side pocket to Silicon Case, which unfortunately is quite grippy and doesn't slide in and out of pockets very well.

mc

8. twrock

twrock Mobile Evangelist

I carry mine in a Brando metal case in my right front pocket. It comes with a removable belt clip is one is inclined. The downside is that the case definitely adds to the thickness (but I wear "relaxed fit" jeans most of the time).

9. DragonHunter

DragonHunter Bow, bow, bow, bow

[​IMG]

The shoulder pocket with the two arrows pointing to it makes a great PDA holder....

Now when I'm not working...well I'm still looking for a good solution myself. With dockers I just slip it in my pocket, but sometimes with jeans it's just a little snug....

10. wm_brant

wm_brant Mobile Enthusiast

I carry my TX (and previously, my T|E) in a Palm hardcase in my hip pocket. I carry it as often as I carry my wallet.

I bought the hard case because I needed something that would stand up to being sat on.

Both of the cases have worked fine.

-- Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.