How do you use it?

Discussion in 'Palm' started by Justride10, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAB2000

BAB2000 An "Olde Moderator" #2 Super Moderator

Most disappointed:(

It was susggested you examine the app when you were on the thresehold of the campus gates in this thread.

Just proves my suspicions, no one reads my replies:rolleyes:

Can not believe a semester has slipped by.

2. dogbarber

dogbarber No one in particular...

One very helpful use for my TX I have recently begun implementing is listening to my audio bible I have stored on my SD Card when I'm too tired to read.

I've set up in my "study" a bunch of my old speakers from my audiophile days (a couple of Boston Acoustic 2 ways and a couple of Harmon Kardon Sattelites w/ Sub)... I just plug my TX into the lead to the sub, turn off the lights, sit back in my chair, turn it up, and relax.

Since I've been working these kooky hours, there are days when I simply cannot retain anything I read, and this "eargate" method has been paying off big time for me. Max McLeans voice is pretty bassy and at just the right frequency, I can feel his voice penetrate my chest...AWESOME!

:)

3. danielfeveryear

danielfeveryear Big D

By all means, BAB2000, I do read your replies. In answer to that, I went away from Palm, back to my Pocket PC, thus not using Due Yesterday, and until it was brought up again, forgetting it existed. When I had my car accident a little less than a month ago, my Pocket PC was shattered from the impact. So I went back to my Z22. I read your replies, and I greatly appreciate them. No worries about that.

4. BAB2000

BAB2000 An "Olde Moderator" #2 Super Moderator

I was only kidding, sure you do:rolleyes:

Car accident:eek: , you are OK, correct?

A PPC?, what were you thinking, or did you need for campus wireless acess?

What became of the TX? Mom took back?

Congrats on first semester, I remember my son's surprice when he returned to campus after his 1st, the dorm was almost deserted as so many freshmen did not return after that first grading cut, or parents buried them in backyards....

You take care, and all the best for you and those you hold dear;) :newpalm:

5. mansfield

mansfield Palm Enthusiast

Got the idea on BH (this thread?) to store a slideshow of family photos in the Palm Media program. Extending on that idea though, I just recently began storing works of art on my TX. I admire Edward Hopper and what better way to be able to call up his paintings at a moment's whim?

So with PalmTunes and Media, that covers two of the five senses. Add the smell of a brand new leather Palm case and that makes three. Only two senses to go!

6. danielfeveryear

danielfeveryear Big D

Yeah, I'm good.

I needed a PPC for wireless access on Campus. Mom took back my TX. I've since then saved up all my christmas money and birthday money and got an HP iPAQ rx1955. I'm happy with it! Very happy with it!

7. GClouse

GClouse Old Geezer

I use my TX for a PIM, a grocery list, an MP3 player, photo viewer, a viewer for Avantgo, an occasional games platform, and wireless websurfer. I also use Documents2Go spreadsheets to track my time sheet and as a dibetic management tool.

I also have am M125 that I use with a Magellan GPS Companion and Cetus GPS exclusively for geocaching.

8. Streaky

Streaky I can't remember

Welcome to Brighthand, GClouse.

"... an occasional games platform"????

9. Eternal Visitor

Eternal Visitor village idiot

is there anything I don't use my over abused TX for...? (I assume being overclocked to 663 MHz and dropped from 5' qualifies as abused)

music player (local files and streaming)
    video player
    picture viewer
    web browsing
    shopping
    SD card reader (bluetooth)
    lite gaming machine
    SMS writer
    news reader

I could go on...but why?

10. sgtsauer

sgtsauer Mobile Enthusiast

Well, I'm new to the world of Palm. I am a Supply Sergeant in the US Army and I have struggled with staying organized. Prior to buying my Palm TE2 on January 25th, my note taking landed in one of three notebooks, a legal pad, my desk calender pad, or assorted sticky notes.

I've tired of the lack of organization and decided to give the TE2 a try. Unfortunately, it looks like I have a lot to learn to really be efficient and to be able to take full advantage of the devices capability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.