How do you change the system sounds?

Discussion in 'Themes and Skins (Palm OS)' started by toastysquirrel, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toastysquirrel

toastysquirrel Mobile Consultant

I can't seem to find anything that definitely answer this. I know that SkinUI *supposedly* offers this, but I've checked it out and haven't figured out how to make use of the Sounds part of that app. Seems like it's not implimented yet.

Does anyone know how to go about changing the system sounds? SkinUI or anything, doesn't matter.

Thanks!

2. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

The sound feature is implemented on skinUI. But, the program itself does not include any extra sounds. You have to download and install sounds packs compiled for skinUI. You can then configure the sounds as you wish.

Other programs also support sound packs. Take a look at ZLauncher. It's a powerful, full featured launcher and also supports its own sound packs.

You can find skinUI sound packs here and I think you can find ZLauncher sound packs here

Hope this helps.

3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

give these a try; iirc, you'll need to either re-name or delete "System MIDI Sounds" -- use FileZ or a similar file manager for that. can't be sure, but don't be surprised if you need to do a SOFT reset to get the new sounds activated. after installation, you can pick the new sounds, just like you would for the original 7 (that number may be wrong, but it's pretty close...)

4. toastysquirrel

toastysquirrel Mobile Consultant

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I tried the sound themes for SkinUI and ZLauncher, unfortunately those sounds only seem to modify that Launchers sounds but don't affect the system sounds (i.e. Alert, Alarm, etc). Rick's idea sounds more in tune with what I'm after, I'll see how that goes. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.