How do I unblock my phone number?

Discussion in 'Treo 600' started by ljorges, Oct 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljorges

ljorges Mobile Deity

I read the manual but couldn't find the answer. When I call people, their caller id doesn't show my number, it shows "private". How do I set my phone so that when I call someone they see my phone number and not private. On my other phones it was under preferences but I can't find it on this one.
    The reason that I want to show my number is when I call people that have privacy manager, a private number goes straight to an answering machine instead of actually ringing the phone.

Thanks,

Les

2. Dotar

Dotar Mobile Evangelist

Hi, If I've understood you right you should be able to sort it by going into your phone app, menu - options - call preferences - then uncheck the "Block Outgoing caller ID" box. Hope this helps.

3. ljorges

ljorges Mobile Deity

Dotar,

That is what I thought but when I checked the status of that option, it was already unchecked. So, I tried checking it with the same results. I call someone and it shows up as unknown.

So with the boxed either checked or unchecked, I get the same result.

Les

4. Dotar

Dotar Mobile Evangelist

That's weird. I don't think there's any other way of toying with your caller ID option. As a last resort you might want to check with your service provider. It could be there is some block on it at that level. I'm no telecoms expert just guessing. Sorry I can't be of any more help.

5. ljorges

ljorges Mobile Deity

Called ATT and it turns out that there was a restriction on my outgoing caller id. They took it off and it works great.

Thanks for the help. Hope this helps others.

Les

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.