How do I move SMS messages from my phone to my PC?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone' started by CEB, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. go1ndr

go1ndr Mobile Enthusiast

Try Jeyo Mobile Extender for Outlook. Jeyo Mobile Extender adds mobile
    text messaging capabilities to Outlook: http://www.jeyo.com/extender.asp
    good luck,
    Go1ndr

2. CEB

CEB Mobile Deity

Thanks go1ndr!

This might work, but isn't the ideal solution because I would like to see my message threads, and they often include a mix of email and texts, so everything in Outlook would be idea (see below).

Yes, I sync Outlook between my phone and PC, but there is no facility to sync text messages.

This looks like just the app for me. But, it supports Outlook 2002 and later and I'm on Outlook 2000. Nevertheless, I'm going to give it a try. Before I do, I'm going to do a full backup (image) of my system (and phone) but that takes hours that I don't have right now. I'll probably do that tonight and test the new software Sunday and next week. I will report back here how it goes.

One aside, if anyone wants to be able to control their phone (whilst connected to their PC) then a free app called Mobiler does very well. It allows you to see a copy of the phone's screen on the PC, and use the mouse and keyboard instead of the phone screen and keyboard. It also does thing like screen captures and even video capture, as well as copy/paste to and from phone and PC. These features are included in Jeyo Mobile Extender for Outlook I think, but that's $20.

For someone new to the forums, Go1ndr, you're doing a great job. Thanks!

Colin.

3. go1ndr

go1ndr Mobile Enthusiast

Thanks! It's mostly hit and miss with me until I find something that works. Not real Knowledgeable on this stuff actually but thank you! Hope this works for you. Side note is that if you upgrade to a newer version of Outlook, I'd go to 2003 as opposed to 2007 which I've heard horror stories about. Hope you get this worked out to your satisfaction.
    Jack (go1ndr)

4. CEB

CEB Mobile Deity

Thanks Jack.

I did my backups, but didn't get time to test that software this weekend. I will get to it eventually, and report back here.

On the topics of upgrade, I do IT support for a living (one of my jobs), so I need to be familiar with Outlook 2007, despite the problems.

Thanks again.

Colin.

5. CEB

CEB Mobile Deity

Jeyo Mobile Extender doesn't work with Outlook 2000. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sorry it's been so long before reporting back. I didn't get round to installing it until today. Looks like my HTC Tynt will be going back for repair. Had to hard reset and lose the SMSes.

Thanks anyway.