How do I check the IMEI for a Palm Treo 755P?

Discussion in 'General Palm OS' started by wnlewis, Oct 21, 2019.

1. wnlewis

wnlewis Newbie

I purchased a Palm Treo 755P on eBay. It has a HEX character 3636CECA0E, and an ESN of 05413552142. Most modern sites do not recognize those numbers. How do I find out if the phone is on the blacklist? If the phone is not on the blacklist, how do I get phone carriers to accept it?

Thanks,

wnlewis

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Welcome to Brighthand!

first, pop off the back and take out the battery (NOTE: this initiates a soft reset, when the battery is reinstalled), there are a "bunch" of numbers there, IMEI may be included. if that didn't help, I'd get in touch with the carrier that the phone is branded for -- at least in the US, that would be one of AT&T, Verizon, Sprint or T-Mobile. They ought to be able to help. I'll look at my Sprint-branded 755p tonight and if I find anything else useful, I'll post back.

Good luck!

lelisa13p likes this.
  3. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

I believe that old CDMA phones did not have IMEI numbers, only ESN numbers. I could be wrong. So the question is, is this a Sprint or Verizon phone.

Honestly, after this much time, I doubt you have to worry. The bigger worry, if it is CDMA, that network will be phased out sometime between 2021 and 2023.

RickAgresta and lelisa13p like this.