How can I prevent Chrome from redirecting to Play Store when accessing Wikipedia links?

Discussion in 'Android OS' started by raspabalsa, Sep 13, 2014.

1. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Thanks, jig, and Hook. I think I have to start from scratch, since I use Chrome on desktop and Android. I stopped using FF because it would sometimes freeze on pages with Flash objects, and it would take some while to restart when this happened.

I saw Boat Pro's offer earlier today. Tempting, but it's been several years since I last used Boat and I'm not sure about current features. I imported my Chrome bookmarks (using the "import from stock browser" tool) and the folder structure was lost, and all appeared on a single level. I'll have to try syncing.

2. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Thanks for that link Jig.

3. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I think you meant to thank Rick and re-tighten my laces. ;)

Maybe I'll go with Boat. I've been experience weird lag with Swype and Firefox lately. Then again, I haven't used Chrome much, so maybe I'll play with that a bit more first.

lelisa13p and raspabalsa like this.
  4. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Ah yes... Rick, jig, jick, rig, potato, potato.. wait, those two are spelled the same, even though they sound differently. Mind if I join you in the jacket? :D

lelisa13p, RickAgresta and Hook like this.
  5. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

must NOT reply.....must Not reply.....must not reply.......

raspabalsa likes this.
  6. RickAgresta

yeah, if you have the latest versions of FF running the new version of Sync:
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-to-update-to-the-new-firefox-sync

they aren't kidding, either; my brand-new Boat Pro refuses to connect to Sync. at this point, I *do*not*want* to upgrade FF on my phone (haven't even added it to my tablet), the last time was a mess, rolled it back to 10.0.3 via backup restore. per the link, if I upgrade on my PC, Sync won't work with the phone.....

7. Hook

Hook Have keyboard, will travel

What you do (or, at least, this is what I did) is you unpair the Firefox sync in Boat. I first saved all the bookmarks to SD for backup since unpairing gets rid of all your bookmarks. Then you sign in like you do for the new sync method and Boat Pro smoothly re-syncs with your Firefox account. Worked great for me.

I actually prefer the new syncing method.

8. RickAgresta

Boat hasn't ever been paired; to pair I need the new version of Sync on home PC. If I do that I have to upgrade FF on phone to sync again. Hence my dilemma

9. Hook

Hook Have keyboard, will travel

Guess I didn't catch your reason to not upgrade. I love the new FireFox sync, much easier than the old method. However, I'm sure you have good reasons. I just hadn't quite picked up that that's what you are doing. HISS. :vbrolleyes:

10. RickAgresta

No, I don't think I actually stated that the latest FF for Android was something I couldn't live with. Not so slow Hook <g>