How Can I Connect My T Series Model to a Wi-Fi Network?

Discussion in 'Palm' started by Ed Hardy, Jan 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kkramar

kkramar Flowbie

For what it's worth, I resolved a problem with my Palm T3 & PalmOne Wi-Fi card that plagued me for the better part of a year.

I thought the card was dead.

I kept getting fatal errors when the card would search and try to connect to WiFi networks. I spent time on the phone with Palm Tech Support to no avail - only the suggestion to wipe and restore my system - which I did, with no success.

After some go-around, the Palm Tech decided it was a hardware failure - and unfortunately, my card was out of warranty, and this was going to cost me between $50 - $100 for repair or replacement. I opted for inaction.

After about 9 months, I looked at the card sitting on my desk and decided to give it a shot once more. This time, it found a wifi network and then told me that "VPN was not able to be used, would I still like to connect to the network?" I said "yes", and voila it connected!

I realized that I had recently toyed with the VPN settings to see if the Palm setting matched the Cisco settings where I work. Interestingly, when I tried disabling the VPN and connecting, I would get the fatal error again.

Apparently, there was something bad in the VPN profiles that was causing fatal errors. I deleted all the accounts in the VPN Preference and disabled it, and this seems to have fixed my problem.

My PalmOne Wi-Fi card has risen from the dead!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. latenight

latenight Mobile Enthusiast

Now still no signal...The question is it started to pick up a Network to connect and it would go through the networks one by one as i set up before...Damn why couldn't we delete those unwanted network names on the setup?...:confused:

3. blcistheking

blcistheking Mobile Consultant

Can the Original T get wifi connections?

4. christinne

christinne Newbie

yes..it can get the signal as well..

5. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Replying to a thread that has been inactive for more than a year is not productive. Please do not.

This old thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.