How Can I Connect My T Series Model to a Wi-Fi Network?

Discussion in 'Palm' started by Ed Hardy, Jan 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sodona

Sodona Mobile Enthusiast

I found a new software called WiFiGenie. All I can say is trying it to believe it. Your problem same here which bothers me for a long long time. I tried Ram Disk and worked nicely. Right now I can mount my PC Windows share as a SD disk via WiFiGenie. I don't need to download/edit/upload any more.

2. Jay B. Heyman

Jay B. Heyman Newbie

I need WI-FI connectivity for my TT, one that I sync to a Mac Powerbook G4. Does anyone know if Enfora's Wireless LAN Portfolio is compatible with the latest version of Mac OS X? Many thanks...

3. basteinip

basteinip Newbie

I have a T5, with a Palm wifi card. I have attempted to get onto the Internet using a public wifi hotspot in downtown Philadelphia (wifiphilly). I am able to connect to that hot spot and get a message saying that I am ready to go to the Internet. However, when I attempt to use the Blazer software to get to any website, I get a message saying that the particular page is not available. The pages I tried to access are definitely up and running and the signal strength of the public wifi access hotspot is very high. I turned off blue tooth so it would not interfere. Still nothing. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can connect to the Internet. If so, I would appreciate detailed (step-by-step) instructions. Thanks in advance

4. DeanDC10

DeanDC10 Mobile Deity

Does anything else work as far as Internet access other than Blazer?

Have you tried getting email via VersaMail or Snapper Mail? Have you tried ping any web sites from the preferences -> Network panel -> View log? (See my guide below in the Palm setup section on how to ping)

I would try other types of connections before you say that it doesn't work.

If nothing works then you are not connected properly.

5. Tempy

Tempy Mobile Enthusiast

Having fun playing with the PalmOne wifi card. Works OK with my Netgear router, although I do have to reset the connection often. Often I have to rename the access point name on the Netgear and set up a new connection on the T5.

Does anyone know how to edit or delete a WiFi setting on the T5 in preferences? I have a dozen unused setting that I'd like to edit or delete, but each time I select one, it starts dialing into the router. Thanks.

6. vsaliba

vsaliba Newbie

Dean DC10

I have gone through quite a lot of reading in this thread especially the ones posted by DeanDC10. I followed your instructions on how to connect my T5 to my desktop via bluetooth and surf the net. To my astonishment and after a few tweaks, I managed to share the internet on the T5. The problem however is that the WIFI connection which I had already established earlier between my desktop and my 2 laptops seized to function. After many attepts I realised that my LAN connection from my desktop (which obviously goes through my TREDNET router) was becoming confused on whom it will share the network. So I experimented a bit more and realised that I need to disable one system for the other system to work (either WIFI or BLUETOOTH). It also struck me that when I go into the LAN properties of the desktop computer sometimes I find in the combo box the name of the bluetooth set up and on other times there is the wifi setup. It is still a puzzle for me how to choose either one of them cos they are not shown both simultaneously.

The big question: Can both connection share the same internet from my desktop (WIFI and BLUETOOTH)?

7. DeanDC10

DeanDC10 Mobile Deity

If you are using ICS to share the WiFi connection, then No, you cannot share the Internet with two different things at once.

Since you are using a WiFi router ICS should not a factor. The router should be sharing the Internet with the laptops and PC.

If you are using Windows Home Networking with the laptops and PC then this is the problem since it uses ICS to share the Internet. Do not use Windows Home Networking, this is not necessary when you are using a router.

Also, make sure your WiFi router is on a different IP than 192.168.0.1, preferably 192.168.2.1.

8. vsaliba

vsaliba Newbie

Dean DC10

Tried everything, but the problem seems more complicated than I thought. My nephew is a computer wizard but as soon as I told him that I have a network problem, his hair stood on end. He told me that when addressing network problems you know when you start but you never know when you finish, and possibly the end result is that the network status is worse than that you have begun with. I am starting to believe this philosophy!!

I think I try to invest in a Hub and experiment around it.

9. debbiebp

debbiebp Newbie

I have really been enjoying my wi-fi and blue-tooth usage with my T3. The only issue I have is that Wi-fi drains my battery greatly, and I am limited while on the road. I find that I must charge fequently, and carry my chargers around with me.

Does anyone have a solution or suggestion.

10. koz

koz Mobile Enthusiast

If you don't mind doing some surgery on your T3, you can change out the battery as is shown in the link below. Check out pg. 29 where wolfRx installs a 1500mHz battery and boosts his battery life to near 12 hrs. Absolutely, make sure you read the whole thread before doing this mod. It's a very long read, but well worth it. Here's the link:

http://tinyurl.com/d7ckt