How are you faring in this worldwide crisis?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by raspabalsa, Mar 17, 2020.

1. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

I'm grateful to be able to say that I received my Pfizer Dose #3 (with no adverse effects) on Sept 29, the first day that they were available here. My flu shot is scheduled for the day after tomorrow, Saturday 10/23. YAY! :thumbsup: My overall goal is to make any virus coming after me :vbmad: have to work really hard to succeed! :newpalm:

2. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Mrs scjjtt & I received our Pfizer Dose #3 on 9/26 & our Flu Shots on 9/17. No reactions except for a sore arm for 12-24 hours. I am sure thankful for a country and people who have made all of this possible. Yes there is a lot of brokenness in this world, but I'm so thankful for all the good that is available to help us to live happy, blessed & healthy lives!

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

3. BAB2000

BAB2000 An "Olde Moderator" #2

I received my Flu shot last Thursday, always try to schedule in early October, but delayed due to complete surgery at very end of September removing with 99.9999% certainty all cancer along with the prostrate.

The news last night reported that Moderna and J&J boosters have been approved. Availability as early as today 10/22.

Yet, the interesting item that was also reported, is that booster can be any of the three, regardless your manufacturer of the original two dose vaccine received.

I however, plan to stay with Moderna for my booster at this stage, I do not wish to experiment mixing chemistry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom LaPrise, lelisa13p, Hook and 4 others like this.
  4. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

BAB2000 - I'm glad to hear the good report on your battle with cancer. Take care of yourself - you have our thoughts & prayers!

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

5. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Yeah, I didn't finish the first vaxx cycle until May, and I'm probably not going to get a booster until January or so. I think I want to go out a bit further than 6 months as I got Moderna, and it seems to be the best, longest-lasting Covid vaccine.

6. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Lelisa, the truth is, that my store seems to be much more bare than at the supposed height of the Covid crisis, when the news was rife with stories about scarcity. Other than some limited toilet paper supplies, we never had much of an issue. Now, it seems to be much worse. At least at my end.

RickAgresta, Hook, headcronie and 2 others like this.
  7. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

:vbfrown: :vbfrown: :vbfrown: Toilet paper. Again. :vbfrown:

8. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

It is hard for me to know. We have only ventured to Costco, and we still do Instacart for regular groceries. We have likely visited stores no more than 20 times since the pandemic began. We feel so out of touch. Evidently our grocery list is easy to substitute things with, or so I hope!

Sent from my Samsung Note 20 Ultra using Tapatalk

scjjtt, RickAgresta, Hook and 2 others like this.
  9. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

I'm looking forward to my 3rd anti-covid vaccine sometime next month. My kids got their vaccines already, meaning we're feeling much safer now. Still, masks remain mandatory whenever any of us leaves the house.

I'm having my monthly week off now, and my kids are preparing their Halloween costumes. Both will be anime styled, Demon Slayer in particular. They'll be busy all night making cardboard katanas :newpalm:

Speaking of costumes, a, funny dialogue was overhead earlier today:

raspykid: Dad, will you wear a costume with us tomorrow?
    raspy: Absolutely! I'll go as a boring middle-aged dad < looking down at himself > See? I'm all suited up already.
    :D

On a different note, I've been away from BH the last few weeks, and I don't think I'll be coming here often for the next few months. There's a lot happening now both at home and at work, and I find a lot less time available for anything but the essential stuff. It feels like I'm just about to cross the threshold - or several ones at more or less the same time. At times I'm under a lot of stress, and the good thing about this is that my 3 weeks at work zip by almost unnoticed. But the downside is that the stress and fatigue are worse than before. I wanted you all to know this, and also that I'll try to stop by whenever possible. Hope you all continue to be well, safe, and healthy. I wanted to say "I'll see you on the other side", which is one of my favorite movie phrases, and seems appropriate, what with thresholds and all that. But that phrase has some dark and final overtones, so I'll just say "I'll see you soon" :newpalm:

10. Hook

Hook Helga in Disguise!

Good luck, Raspy, and take care. Come see us when you can but don't worry if you can't. You will be missed when you are not here. Most of all, just take care of yourself and your family. :vbsmile:

On another note, Mrs. Hook and I just had our Moderna boosters. Like the second Moderna shot, it hit me like a ton of bricks while hardly affecting Mrs. Hook at all. :vbwink: But it's good and done.