How are you faring in this worldwide crisis?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by raspabalsa, Mar 17, 2020.

1. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Raspy, I'm so happy for the reunion with your wife. I can't imagine what you both have been through. Take care & savor the days & moments together!

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

2. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Yeah, that's truly an unbelievable saga in a year of unbelievable sagas.

3. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Thank you all! In a sense it was an unbelievable saga, so much so that lots of people have a hard time believing it when I tell it. Yesterday I went to the barber shop a couple of blocks away from home and the guy was amazed when I told him -although I'm not sure if he was amazed at the story itself or at the part where I bought a clipper and started doing my own haircuts :D :D. I've been having the greatest of times with Mrs R these days. It's been over a week already and we have just 5 more days together, but we're both very happy. I sorely missed her, I missed our home, I missed the family, Medellin... there's so much to love and miss here. I just hope this pandemia keeps under some control so I can continue traveling to Colombia and Ecuador. Next month I'll go see my kids again. Back to the old routine, one month with my wife, next one with my kids. After so long complaining about this schedule, I now look forward to it :)

4. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

I just watched President Elect Joe Biden's sunset ceremony honoring the more than 400,000 American souls who've died due to Covid-19 and offering comfort to their loved ones in Washington DC this evening. The Reflecting Pool was lit and is a moving reminder that no matter what horrific things happen to us, there is always - ALWAYS - reason for Hope. The ceremony was beautiful and deeply moving and I'm still in tears. :vbfrown: It felt like a lot of the pain of these last 11 months, mixed with the societal wounds that we've all endured over these past few years (you know the time frame I mean) poured out of my tender little heart all at once. I yearn for the coming possibilities of kindness and care.

I recommend that everyone find this event on YouTube or wherever and watch. And have tissues on hand.

5. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

So hopefully, when everybody checked in with their cardiologists, they were reassured that BH was indeed not dead for the time being, and are in a state of semi recovery. May your recovery continue!

Just thought I'd check in to see how everyone is doing.

My personal situation hasn't changed, nor has the Mrs. We're thankful for that, and still healthy. *knocks on wood*

Minnesota is ramping up for a return to school for elementary school students. While that doesn't directly impact me, it certainly impacts my family. Stress is through the roof. Nothing has changed, and staff and faculty are not vaccinated. A district with ~19,000 students, and the district got 46 doses of vaccine to distribute. I understand that these kids are struggling. Their mental health has taken a digger like none other in our lifetime. Grades are not slipping, they're falling.

In the same breath, infection rates are way up. Teachers aren't immune, and scores of them have underlying health conditions. Don't we all?

My district? A fraction the size of the public district. Zero doses of vaccine. They've been in person the entire school year, with exception of quarantines and a regression to hybrid at the high school level. They're planning on returning to full in person the beginning of Feb. Student density isn't near what it is in the public schools though.

I've missed Buffalo Wild Wings. That was a favorite of mine. My better half, would jokingly say she's missed seeing my face covered in buffalo sauce. I can't eat there without just getting covered. *sigh* Well, we figured out how to make our own with an air fryer. I'm just as messy at home. But at a fraction of the cost. We devoured our wings tonight. We even make jo-jo potatoes to go with our wings. Cut up some carrots and celery, and boom... That's been our comfort food. :)

6. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

Sure has been quiet around here after saving the place for another year. Hopefully, that's a good thing. :vbwink:

7. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

You guys can't go away. I'm forbidding it. I've basically "grown up" on Brighthand-I started frequenting these forums when I was in college! I think BH might be the last bastion of sites from those days that I still regularly visit, ever since the death of Television Without Pity (RIP TWOP).

I've known some of you virtually longer than I've known many friends in real life!

8. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

qf, I'm always looking for an opportunity to use Bilbo's birthday speech:
    Your post above looks like a missed chance! ;):D

scjjtt, RickAgresta, Hook and 2 others like this.
  9. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

I was just thinking about this last nite when I checked in for the fourth time in the day and saw the tumbleweeds blow past. :vbgrin:

I decided that attendance was slow because saving the (BH) world last week was exhausting! :thumbsup:

10. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

Especially as it was the finale of a very exhausting year (or four). :vbrolleyes:

headcronie, scjjtt, lelisa13p and 3 others like this.