How are you faring in this worldwide crisis?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by raspabalsa, Mar 17, 2020.

1. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

raspabalsa, RickAgresta, Hook and 3 others like this.
  2. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Well guess what - I got a text this afternoon from Maricopa County telling me that the COVID -19 test I took a week ago Thursday came back positive. Since I was already doing self quarantine for 14 days - the 10 days of isolation ended the same time - Saturday.

I'm thankful for the prayers of our church & for God who protected me from symptoms & a serious complications, considering I'm asthmatic, have hypertension & too short (not overweight - lol).

If Mrs scjjtt didn't have the virus I would have been running around for a week & a half possibly infecting others. This is why masks are important & why testing & rapid results of tests are critical.

Remember - wear masks - wash your hands & take care!

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

3. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Oh, boy. I'm sorry that you had a positive test :vbfrown: but I'm very glad that you've thus far not had a bad time with Covid-19 symptoms. Is your Missus feeling better? It's completely crazy how many different ways Covid-19 manifests - or doesn't :vbrolleyes: - and how the ultimate tragic outcome (death) isn't the only bad lasting effect for some of those who recover. Some patients are being left with short and long-term effects that may, or may not, work themselves out. Science just doesn't have enough experience yet to know. :vbfrown:

Take good care and even if you don't feel particularly ill, treat yourself gently for a while (plenty of sleep, eat well). You're on my list. :vbsmile:

RickAgresta, jigwashere, Hook and 2 others like this.
  4. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Scott, I hope you and Mrs scjjtt get through this ordeal soon. It's very fortunate that you had the foresight to isolate yourself as soon as you did. You'll continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

5. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

So sorry to hear, Scott. As mentioned, good that you've had minimal symptoms. I hope they clear sooner rather than later and you and the missus are back in full form in the near future. Take care, my friend!

6. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Thanks everyone. I'm doing fine & never had any symptoms. Mrs scjjtt is back to 100%.

Before I got my results on Sunday afternoon, on Saturday evening I had a video conference with our church leadership to propose for us to go back to online services only starting July 19. Although our safety procedures are great, with AZ being the worst per capita with COVID cases, I felt that as a church we should strive to be a part of the solution as opposed to being a potential part of the problem.

COVID is real & it is very serious. We were fortunate!

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

7. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Thank goodness all seems to be well coming through this, Scott. You are fortunate and so are we. It's pretty hard to find clergy for the BH Break Room. Even Mrs. Headcronie won't come around. :vbrolleyes: :vbgrin:

Seriously, I am so happy and relieved you and your wife re doing well.

8. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

@scjjtt I'm very thankful that you and your wife are okay, Scott! I'm also very happy to see that you're taking a proactive stance on keeping your congregation safe. That's not an easy decision to make. Those discussions have caused a lot of sleepless nights up here. You can't please everybody. But, you can take comfort that now your congregation can't be the source of a super-spreader event. I hope for the continued health of you, your family, and your congregation. We've kept you in our thoughts since the breaking of your news.

Stay well, friend!

@Hook If you remember waaaay back... we used to have another clergy on the forum. Pupator... that was a long time ago. And for unknown reasons, he had his account deleted. His posts still exist, but now they don't have a username associated with them.

9. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

See. I told you it was hard to find Clergy for the break room. :vbrolleyes: :vbtongue:

10. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

I'd make some guesses as to why, but I think that would only further discourage clergy from coming around...

Funny story: I have a friend who is clergy, and when mini-QF was around 4, he discovered the adults around him would have big exciting reactions whenever he used a certain word that starts with f...and we were at dinner with this friend when mini-QF proceeded to declare M-Fer just for the fun of it. I was horrified, but my friend ENCOURAGED MY SON TO REPEAT IT.

Mini-QF got in trouble at the Y last year for using it as well, but as the counselor explained to me, "We couldn't get too mad, he used it in the right context-he got hit in dodgeball and yelled "oh f---", so at least he used it right."