Hot sync problem, sort of.

Discussion in 'Palm' started by joutler, Oct 20, 2011.

1. joutler

joutler Newbie

I have just resurrected my IIIxe, thanks to this forum, but I still have a problem. Hot sync works but Palm one quick install will not install anything. Just keep getting Hot sync problem message " The Hot sync operation was interrupted. Some of your data was not backed up.". Hot sync will back up all other data. Also cannot log onto the Desktop Mail System. Any help in this will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. reb1

reb1 Mobile Deity

1: What palm desktop version are you using.
    2: what operating system are you using on your computer.

3. BAB2000

BAB2000 An "Olde Moderator" #2

IIRC quick install is not compatible with the 3.5 OS that the IIIxe has installed. It was a featured added for OS4.1 and later versions.

This may be a result of the Quick install attempt. It is indicating one of the hot sync conduits did not complete, and if you inspect the Hot sync LOG you should be able to determine the failed conduit.

Palm email is a separate application on the desktop, not part of the Palm desktop, when the email conduit is selected you then select the email client that you have installed and the functions to complete. For the IIIxe it will utilize a good portion of your memory and is not practical. Using the IIIxe as PDA with support for specialty third party apps will provide good service. No so much as a email tool.

4. joutler

joutler Newbie

Success. Reinstalled original install tool and it works. Desk top version 3.5.3 on windows Vista with compatibility set to Windows NT. Thanks for the assist.:)