Hookette's Swinging London Adventure

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hook, Dec 12, 2020.

1. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

What Hookette does in Memphis stays in Memphis!

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

headcronie, Mi An, Hook and 4 others like this.
  2. Hook

Hook Helga in Disguise!

Well, whatever Hookette was doing in Memphis, she decided to do it a little bit longer. :vbeek:

FedEx showed her leaving Memphis on Thursday for delivery by noon yesterday. Then, ysterday, late morning, it changed to Friday bu end of day. Then late last night it changed to delivery date pending...

This morning, they are showing her leaving Memphis again. Delivery: Monday by noon. Right when Mrs. Hook is having cataract surgery, so I likely won't be home. Luckily, this ia a safe place to leave packages and the delivery folks usually do.

Hopefully she actually got on the truck this time. :vbrolleyes: :vbgrin:

3. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Like I said...

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

4. Hook

Hook Helga in Disguise!

Well, at least she got on the truck this time. A scan reveals she is partying down in Richmond tonight. :vbrolleyes: :vbcool:

5. Hook

Hook Helga in Disguise!

Wooooo Hoooooooooo!

Hookette is home. She arrived this morning while I was busy waiting in the car outside the surgery center while Mrs. Hook had her cataract surgery. Definitely nice with the new display. Will spend the evening getting her all set up again. :newpalm:

scjjtt, Mi An, jigwashere and 5 others like this.
  6. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

pompomcheerleadersmilie.gif pompomcheerleadersmilie.gif pompomcheerleadersmilie.gif

scjjtt, Mi An, jigwashere and 4 others like this.
  7. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

See, Hookette just wanted to make sure Mrs Hook was ok first. All went well with her cataract surgery?

8. Hook

Hook Helga in Disguise!

Indeed. Thanks.

9. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I had forgotten about AltGr (also called Alt Graph) from my early years studying Spanish. On a Windows PC, we typically have the 'English (United States) US Keyboard' layout installed. But, switching to 'English (United States) International' layout, things change. With the International layout, typing a single quote (or tick) mark followed by a vowel causes the vowel to be accented. For example, á é í ó ú. Once you learn it, it's very handy (if you don't want the accent, but still want the tick mark, just add a space or consonant). There are other tricks like that, too. Anyway, my son is studying Norwegian in college and doesn't have a 10-key pad on his keyboard, so couldn't use ASCII to create the special characters. He ended up having to copy/paste from another source, or use the character map, both of which are cumbersome. So, I showed him how to install the International layout and use the AltGr key.
    • Settings > Time & Language > Language
    • At the bottom of the screen, click English (United States)
    • Click Options
    • Click Add a Keyboard
    • Scroll down and select United States International QWERTY
    • Close settings
    • On the taskbar system tray, click ENG and select ENG INTL (you can also switch using Windows Key + Space Bar)
    AltGR + Z = æ
    AltGR + Shift + Z = Æ
    AltGR + L = ø
    AltGR + Shift + L = Ø
    AltGR + W = å
    AltGR + Shift + W = Å

More information (and examples of other characters) - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...p-e05ce3ed-11f0-8fc2-498e-a214fa6b898f#bkmk_5

scjjtt, RickAgresta, Hook and 2 others like this.
  10. Hook

Hook Helga in Disguise!

The attached PDF shows how it works on the Pro1 once you change the default language to US International. This works in both Lineage 18.1 and AICP 16.1, (both Android 11). I don't think it works on the stock Android 9 that the Pro1 was shipped with and hasn't been updated in over a year, but it has been so long since I used stock Android on Hookette that I really am not sure.

Attached Files: