Hookette's Swinging London Adventure

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hook, Dec 12, 2020.

1. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

There's several "free ports" here, in the bottle size you could get as complimentary gifts on flights and hotels a couple of decades ago:

free ports.jpg

Now even such tiny bottles carry a premium fee on every hotel I've visited in the last few years :(

2. Hook

Hook Have keyboard, will travel

A few of those and who knows where Hookette will end up. :vbrolleyes:

3. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Landers don't change body shells... Astronauts change landers. Landers are discarded. Astronauts aren't. Hook isn't an astronaut. Hook is a pirate. He's a -naut without an Astro. Astro was a boy in the 60s with spiky funny hair. Was my favorite anime before the word became fashionable. Calvin doesn't follow fashion, yet he followed Astroboy's spiky hair style once. Calvin also experimented with the space/time continuum. jig seems to have become fixated with the space/time continuum. I think jig is really Calvin. But Calvin isn't real. Is jig unreal too?

headcronie, lelisa13p and Hook like this.
  4. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

We are getting a significant snow storm right now....
    [​IMG]

5. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Years ago, I was in London Heathrow, and I wandered in Berry Brothers & Rudd (dangerous ground for me). I talked to one of the sales people and was considering buying some Port, but they didn't have it in stock at that physical location. They said they could quickly get it from the London (actually in London) store; but the timing for my next flight was cutting it close so I demurred. To this day I wish I'd gotten it, because it's worth a fortune today (although there's a good chance I would have consumed it by now).

Hook, I hope your phone makes it home safely.

6. Hook

So in the mean time, Hookette left for Heathrow on the 23rd and, with Christmas and the Weekend, I didn't hear anything further. Today, I finally heard she is in a processing center in the UK rather than back in Newark. That seems to be good news. They claim she is on her way to her destination, which I hope is FxTec. :vbrolleyes:

7. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Perhaps Hookette's back and forth was because she met a handsome traveling salesman and went on a romcom adventure...I'm sure there's at least three Hallmark movies that have that plot.

8. Hook

Well, after not getting any scans since Monday, I found out she was delivered yesterday-- they just decided to stop sending me updates. Even the Royal Mail service can't keep up with Hookette. I assume she was delivered to FxTec although all the web tracking sys is delivered in the United Kingdom. :vbrolleyes: :vbgrin: Now I wait...

lelisa13p, headcronie and jigwashere like this.
  9. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Hook, any word on whether Hookette will need a 2-week quarantine after her London adventure? We know how rebellious she is, so who knows if shes following lockdown rules.

10. Hook

Yeah, at this rate, with the lockdowns in the UK, I don't know if she'll even get to leave London. I suspect they have all gone to working from home. I think this is going to take a while. :vbfrown:

jigwashere likes this.