Hookette's Swinging London Adventure

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hook, Dec 12, 2020.

1. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

For a minute there I thought "Jamaica" was the country and maybe Hookette had misbehaved and was sent back home before she corrupted stiff-upper-lipped British phones :D

Seriously now, that doesn't make sense regardless of the order it's read. I hope Hookette is fine and not being tossed around in circles.

2. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

You still don't understand the space/time continuum, do you? Not even after lelisa13p overnighted her package a week after she sent it? Okay, you'd better sit down while I get out my whiteboard and map of Hogwarts Express.

3. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Space/Time ceased to have any meaning to me after the Avengers: Endgame film dismissed the logic of the Back to the Future trilogy as easily as lelisa overnighted her iPhone.

4. Hook

Hook Have keyboard, will travel

Well, I think I know what's going on. I believe Hookette never left London Heathrow and is indeed on her way back home (and, boy, is she miffed, I bet). I'm guessing, but i think I'm right.

Going through everything I could find to see if I could figure out what was going on, I went through the emails from FxTec and discovered an instruction I had somehow completely overlooked. They said "The customs value should be set as under $50, and the export reason should be set as “repair under warranty”. I, being a bit of a noob at international shipping, did what I've always done with domestic shipping and declared the value of the phone. It must have arrived, triggered some high tarrif and was summarily rejected, probably without FxTec even bothering to see what it was. Ugh.

So, first, I have to wait for her to get back here (which might at this point be after Xmas) and start this whole painful process over again.

Of course, declaring such a low value on their instruction, I'll have to hope they'll replace the phone if it actually does get lost or damaged.

Shoot me now. :vbrolleyes:

Again, none of this has been confirmed, but seems to fit the tracking data. The tracking data gives no explanation of the return.

5. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

I'm trying to think of something clever to say but I got nothin'. :vbfrown:

6. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

If all that's true, Hookette has every right to be angry with those damn Brits for undervaluing her. When she returns, give her a hug and assure her you fully appreciate her. It's a maddening delay in the whole process, but once she recovers from the experience, I'm sure she'll be glad you cared enough to restore her to her full glory.

7. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

.... And then replace her with a newer model. :rolleyes:

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

8. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

headcronie, scjjtt, lelisa13p and 2 others like this.
  9. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

:

The only thing that comes to mind is "This will not end well."

I certainly hope this is not the case. But she did have a go with those baggage handlers... :vbeek:

10. Hook

Hook Have keyboard, will travel

Okay, I now have no idea what is going on with Hookette. Last night I was told she was scanned leaving Newark, NJ "for her destination" (which I assumed was me or, rather, Richmond, VA on her way to me. This morning, she was scanned again at Heathrow, UK. The possibilities sem to be:

1. Someone solved a previous problem and all will go well now and she will arrive at FxTec now. (I have low confidence in this scenario)
    2. The UK and US will continue to play ping pong with Hookette.
    3. I will never see my Pro1 again :vbeek:

2 and 3 are not mutually exclusive. :vbrolleyes:

headcronie, scjjtt, lelisa13p and 3 others like this.