Hookette's Swinging London Adventure

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hook, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

So looks like Hookette is no longer satisfied with a few truckstops. After worsening problems with the phantom touches on the display creating all sorts of havok, she is on her way to London for repair. Wish I were getting a London adventure, although probably not right now. :vbeek: :vbwink:

So I'm stuck without a keyboard phone for a while. I just hope they can get her to behave when she gets home from her swinging time. :vbrolleyes:

Distractions gratefully accepted. :vbwink:

Mi An, headcronie, scjjtt and 4 others like this.
  2. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Did you know that Tony Stark died because of Dr. Strange's poor communication skills? When Strange lifted his index finger to Tony he wasn't saying "this is the one chance in 14,000,605, take the stones even if it kills you". He was actually saying "wait a minute Tony, I'm almost done holding all this water back, I'll go help you fight Thanos right away". Strange failed to convey what he meant, and Tony died because of that :vbmad:

Or maybe the meaning was "use just one stone, like Thanos used the Power Stone to beat Captain Marvel, don't just snap with all six stones"

Either way, Strange should really work on his communication skills, else we'll keep seeing Avengers dropping dead everywhere.

Oh, and I hope Hookette returns to good working order very soon. Where have you transplanted her consciousness for the duration of her trip?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    headcronie, JRakes, scjjtt and 4 others like this.
  3. Hook

Etta (short for Hooketta), my Moto (G8) Power, has stepped up to handle everything while Hookette is off globetrotting.

headcronie, scjjtt, lelisa13p and 2 others like this.
  4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Mayhaps a bit of 'why the internet was created' will help:

Mi An, headcronie, JRakes and 4 others like this.
  5. Hook

I have no idea what Hookette is doing all this time, but she finally left the Richmond VA hub yesterday. Tracking claims she will show up on FxTec's doorstep in London on the 22nd. Then will begin the real long wait. Support is very good, but very slow. Others who have sent in their devices have waited weeks to, during the worst of the pandemic, months to get their devices back. I'm hoping for weeks. :vbrolleyes:

6. Hook

And now she's in Newark, NJ, hopefully to catch an international flight. :vbsmile:

7. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Hookette will be in London for Christmas and New Year? And maybe weeks or months after that? Unsupervised? Are you sure she'll want to come back to you? ;)

Seriously now, here's wishing it's only weeks :newpalm:

headcronie, JRakes, Hook and 3 others like this.
  8. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I hope she's wearing a mask.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

headcronie, JRakes, Hook and 3 others like this.
  9. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Well, you know, Eng-land swings like a pendulum do... :newpalm:

10. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

yo! jig and other moto stylus g owners: if you still have the packaging it came in and the read me! pamphlet, check to see where it was printed, in China -- mine comes from Wuhan*. phone was manufactured in India.

*home of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)