Hook Looks For a Future New Phone

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by Hook, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

And so we wait. They are back to not communicating. They have apparently hired a company to put out daily social media posts which are for the most part embarrassing laughable because they don't emphasize the keyboard which is the only thing that is going to make you pay that much for a non-cutting edge phone and instead are trying to sell it as a phone. (Hook shakes head).

Their FCC approvals and docs were posted at FCC. This happened SEP 25th, so that may have been one of the hold-ups. Here's hoping they are moving things forward before the next Chinese Holiday starting OCT 1st (I think it's the 70th anniversary of the Communist Party). :vbrolleyes:

This group of folks have no idea how to communicate with customers. Maybe they took me too literally when I said "Shut Up And Take My Money!" Be careful what you ask for... :vbeek: :vbgrin:

A small number of people are agitated again, and again it's hard to blame them. I'm hopeful to a fault. Though I may be sticking with it because I'm not sure it won't take longer to get a refund than to get my phone. :vbwink:

But then I see the reviews and pictures of the keyboard...

Wait I must!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    raspabalsa, scjjtt, Mi An and 3 others like this.
  2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Continuing to keep my digits crossed for you, Sir!

jigwashere, scjjtt, Mi An and 2 others like this.
  3. Hook

A nice update from Erik on the FX team.

Really, despite all the tooth gnashing on the part of a vocal few, there has only been possibly 2 delays. I don't count the change from July 2019 to Summer 2019. Picking July in the winter was bound to be an unrealistic projection that they changed based on better data to a range they thought they could make. So the first real delay was when they missed mid-September and changed to Early October. Now there is maybe a second delay, depending on how much you think "early" and "mid" overlap plus an acknowledgement that shipping thousands of phones across the globe from multiple hubs will probably take a few weeks.

I'd say for a project of this scale, they are doing pretty well. :newpalm:

Or, al least, I'm still willing to rationalize things that way. :vbgrin:

4. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

They seem to be doing a good job of communicating the situation. That's reassuring.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

5. Hook

Looks like I have one more reason to thank @Mi An as the Pro1 will be shipping in batches and although they are saying most of the pre-orders should be shipped by the end of the month, the top priority in determining shipping order will be the IGG backers (I.e. the coupon holders).

So. Thank you, Mi An. :newpalm:

Still not 100% sure when I'll get it-- I expect the devices should be at the US and EU delivery hubs by the beginning of the 3rd week in October. Here's hoping customs doesn't take too much of an interest. :vbwink:

6. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

as long as they don't use this new eco-friendly replacement for the traditional brown paper to wrap the box, you should be ok...

upload_2019-10-4_9-52-16.png

the next-gen isn't much better, I'm afraid:

[​IMG]

scjjtt, lelisa13p, Mi An and 2 others like this.
  7. Mi An

Mi An Untethered

You're welcome! I don't know if order within that group of igg backers is important, but I seem to recall ordering the mod on the first day of the campaign. At first I wanted to think about it, and then I was like, aw screw it, Buttons!

scjjtt, jigwashere and Hook like this.
  8. Hook

Here is the latest update, provided this time as a video. This is the first time that I'm aware of that, despite the erroneous perceptions of some of the agitated, they have made an absolutely firm commitment to a shipping date. They must have a lot of confidence to actually put a firm date out there. They have avoided doing so for so long.

I also take the phrase "Shipping to you" as meaning this is when it goes out to customers and that the date was selected to allow plenty of time to ship the phones to the hubs, deal with customs, etc.

Announcement

Here's hoping this is really it! I will let myself think it is. :newpalm:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    scjjtt, jigwashere and Mi An like this.