Hook Looks For a Future New Phone

Discussion in 'Smartphones' started by Hook, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

That's not cool, but it sounds like you made the right call with that warranty. I feel like I have had an issue with a port like that, but not anytime in recent memory. Probably not in the era of smartphones.

How's the Z Play working out?

scjjtt and jigwashere like this.
  2. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Mrs. Hook loves the phone, but it goes slowly as she is resistant to change even when the change is good. :vbwink: However, a good sign is I haven't been able to spend much time with it. :vbrolleyes: She is completely thrilled with the battery life.

What I have seen of it continues to impress. It's snappy enough that I never remember it has only a 600 series snapdragon under the hood.

lelisa13p, scjjtt, jigwashere and 2 others like this.
  3. Hook

Hookette was carried of by the men in purple shorts yesterday (Mmm, hi ya, boys) and left on a truck out of Hagerstown, MD early this morning. For those who don't remember Hookette's previous wanderlust and road trips, HERE'S some entertaining reading, even with some posts missing.

4. Hook

Well, after spending a long week-end in the FedEx hub in Wheeling, IL (I can just imagine the clean up after that party :vbwink: ), Hookette arrived at the repair facility at 9:45 this morning and she has been sent back to the techs. Should be interesting when they discover the unlocked bootloader and Dirty Unicorns on her-- I wiped the phone and didn't log in, but without a working USB port, there wasn't a whole lot I could do. ;-) Luckily the extended warranty is supposed to cover accidents and user created problems, not that any of that *is* the problem. :vbrolleyes:

5. Hook

Hookette is on her way home. They splurged for Saturday delivery, so supposed to be here by end of day Saturday. No comments at all in the email about what they did, but at least there was nothing about the bootloader, etc. We shall see...

6. Hook

So Hookette is back. The only thing I was told (via the paperwork) is that they "repaired logic board." So who knows, but she's working fine. I had to set her up from scratch as I confess I hadn't been fully prepared to not have use of the USB port and I chose to wipe completely before sending it in to the repir facility. I'll increase my backups to the cloud for the future. Actually it was kind of fun, if a little lime consuming. All set up now. My Nexus 5 is a trouper, but it is hard to go back after my 6p.

All is well now. And no complaints about unlocked bootloader and modified ROM. 3 Cheers for Newegg's protection plan!:thumbsup:

7. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

Hey, Hook -- did you notice that a devon XDA came up with a solution for the "permanently" boot looping Nexus 6p's? I don't think will have an issue if you haven't already, but it's nice to know that someone figured something out. I believe there was a class action lawsuit over it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

scjjtt, RickAgresta, Mi An and 2 others like this.
  8. Hook

No, I didn't know, but will keep that in mind, thanks. Have never had that problem. Don't know if that's because the hardware was fixed by the time I bought one or because I use Dirty Unicorns. :vbwink:

scjjtt, RickAgresta, Mi An and 2 others like this.
  9. Hook

Just flashed the final official version of DU 11 (Nougat). It's so slick and Google bloatware free, I'm thinking I'm just going to stay with it until Dirty Unicorns 12 (Oreo) is released rather than going back to unrooted stock to take Oreo OTA. will read up on the new features in the meantime-- and the new problems ;-). Just hard to give up DU. :vbwink: