Hook Looks For a Future New Phone

Discussion in 'Smartphones' started by Hook, Oct 4, 2016.

1. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

QF, I qualified for one of those full-ride Rutgers state scholarships that NJ high school students took a test for (I forget what it was called). My father said I could have a Corvette if I took it (although he didn't really want me to). Instead I too went to an Ivy out of state. Princeton was too close by far.

scjjtt likes this.
  2. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

My parents have never let me forget that I could have gone to Rutgers Honors for 4 years on what it cost them for one semester at Brandeis. ;) They also like to remind me that I added my SAT scores together wrong (hey, at least the error was in my favor and added 100 points instead of subtracting, and to be fair, I was excited to get the results and wasn't thinking clearly)

I did not want to go to Rutgers, and so when they asked me to apply to the Honors program and my parents insisted, I went way off the rails on the essay. They had given a topic (something about lessons learned in time or some other generic crap), and I swear to god, I submitted an essay on the nature of time travel and cited Back to the Future several times. The day I got my packet letting me know I had been accepted was my birthday, and I threw the packet to the side in order to open my birthday present from my cousins, because I knew they had gotten me the new Sleater-Kinney CD, and I was far more invested in listening to it than acknowledging that Rutgers existed.

Anyhow, now that we've dragged this way off topic, I hope Hook's phone has escaped its escapades in the Garden State.

3. Hook

Hook Nexus or Nothin'

It did. It's here! :newpalm:

4. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

Hookette's stretchy pants have arrived!

scjjtt, lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.
  5. Hook

Hook Nexus or Nothin'

I am so thrilled to have this phone. The aluminum/silver color is much better in person than it is in pics. It kills me that I got it in the middle of the week as I only had time to unpack it and log in. Of course, the minute I did (it was on Android 6.0.1) Android 7.1.1. downloaded and I installed it. Need to run over to AT&T tonight and get the right sized SIM. Most of the actuale set up of the phone will happen Friday night unless I get more time tonight than I expect.

And I'm glad I got the 128 GB. I expect this phone, like my Nexus 5, to last me for a while (as long as I can keep it away from the dog. :D

6. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Get the dog her own smartphone.

[​IMG]
    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

7. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Hey, a Corvette was about 1 year's tuition, room, and board when I went to school, which would pretty much hold true today as well. Anyway, I wasn't a Corvette fan. Rutgers is a good school, it's just that it was WAY too close to my parents (whom I love). As it was, I had to come home more than I liked and my parents visited a few times.

I'm glad Hook got his phone!

8. Hook

Hook Nexus or Nothin'

The aluminum back looks even better in the dark RhinoShield bumper case. Not sure it will stop a dog, but I have accident protection this time. ;-) Got the sim today, but rooting, etc has to wait for the week-end.

scjjtt, lelisa13p, Mi An and 2 others like this.
  9. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

We can just call it silver, right? More pirate-y that way.

Arrrgh, shiver me timbers. That there vessel carries aluminum foil aplenty. Plunder that booty, and there'll be wenches for all!

10. Hook

Hook Nexus or Nothin'

Hookette agrees. It's silver. And it's not a bumper case,its a backless gown (so she can show off the "Nexus" tattoo down her spine). :vbwink: