Honor Flight

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jigwashere, Oct 7, 2011.

1. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

My father-in-law died late yesterday afternoon, surrounded by his spouse, children and grandchildren. His son and his family arrived from England Friday evening. Saturday was cold, gray and rainy. It was a dreary day. We told many stories, sang lots of hymns, and prayed. There was lots of laughing and crying. Finally, we knew it was time to begin palliative care. His body made the decision. As the nurse increased his pain medication and removed the BiPAP, the clouds opened up and bright sunlight flooded in through the window. He died quickly and peacefully after living a very full and wonderful life. He leaves behind a legacy of extreme graciousness and boundless generosity that will continue to edify, inspire and comfort those who knew him. I am honored to be in his family.

RickAgresta, lelisa13p, Mi An and 2 others like this.
  2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Deep and heartfelt condolences to all, jig. beautiful post, my friend. my thoughts and prayers for all. rick

lelisa13p, jigwashere and scjjtt like this.
  3. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

My deepest sympathy. A moving and gracious post. Having finally just lost my mom 3 weeks ago, 5 months short of 99 years old, I feel strongly connected to what you just went through. Her body also made the decision, what a beautiful way to put it. May grace fall upon all those who have been left behind. Peace, my friend.

RickAgresta, lelisa13p, Mi An and 2 others like this.
  4. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

A beautiful post, indeed. hug-1.gif

lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.
  5. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Condolences Jig and Hook...prayers to your families.

Hook likes this.
  6. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

jig and Hook, you both are in my thoughts. I wish you peace and strength and a lot of love.

Hook likes this.
  7. jigwashere

Thank you, everyone, for you sentiments. We're looking forward to celebrating my FIL's life.

Hook, I'm sorry for your loss. Blessings to you and your family.

8. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Jig and Hook - I too am so sorry for your loss. Jesus said: ''Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.'' (Matthew 5:4) My prayer for you and your families is that you may be richly comforted by God's Spirit - the Comforter at this time and in the days ahead. I know that your hearts are empty from the loss - but that only tells us that these dear ones were very significant in your lives and loved you and you love them. I praise God for these gifts of life that impacted your lives and the lives of others!

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4g using Tapatalk

lelisa13p, Hook and jigwashere like this.
  9. jigwashere

My wife had to go to Washington D.C. on business this week and since her schedule wasn't going to be too full, I encouraged her to take her mom along for some sightseeing. They had a great time and it was a wonderful opportunity for my MIL to visit some of the monuments her husband and I had been to nearly 2 years ago. They did a moonlight tour of the WWII monument and were just blown away by it. The also got to visit the Lincoln Memorial. I had taken a great picture of my FIL in front of it when we were there. My MIL misses her husband, and my wife her dad. This trip was good for them to be together to reminisce.

10. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

jigwashere and scjjtt like this.