Here are the e800 hacks

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by dimitri, Jan 1, 2004.

1. Hendrixus

Hendrixus Astroman

Isn't Force High resolution the same, doing the same?

Hendrixus

2. pdaadp

pdaadp Mobile Deity

looks like it, yes.....

which is also included in tweaks2k2.net under the "VGA Brute Force" option....

modify the apps you want (some don't change though) without changing the SE O/S any....(use SE_VGA or Oz_VGA for that).

3. Gerard

Gerard Mobile Deity

Something I'd like to see is a 'ForceLoRes' app, the opposite of a selective HiRes thing. If it'd apply to Letter Recognizer I'd pay for it. I decided last week to stop using ForceHiRes, as the more I thought about it, the more the fat top and bottom bars bugged me as a big waste of space.

So I used SE_VGA for a week. Second time trying it. Too limited in controls, so yesterday I un-did all the scaling adjustments in individual apps and the registry, turned off SE_VGA, and started using OzVGA. Got an error no matter what I tried importing one of the DLL files to Windows, but it seems to be alright anyway. Tweaking the various font scaling options is tricky, but settling in. Still, there are a lot of old school QVGA apps I'd like to except from the global VGA-ization, and the Letter Recognizer SIP tops that list. Searches yield nothing. The registry seems not to hold a solution. I'd love to use Resco's keyboard trick... (An email might get a result, might as well ask.)

4. Hendrixus

Hendrixus Astroman

I would like to see a forced 320*480

Hendrixus

5. Gerard

Gerard Mobile Deity

I tried a couple of Nyditot's resolution switching options the other day, having first shut off any other resolution-related tweaks. It made my e800 buzz horribly, a persistent wasp-like buzzing combined with a high pitched squealing. Couldn't stand it, and frankly it made me nervous about permanently damaging some component. I don't think the screen light hardware is designed to survive sustained loud noise generation. But there may be some way to get alternate resolutions working on an e800 without such a problem. Good luck finding your wish.

6. Hendrixus

Hendrixus Astroman

If I hadn't forgot how to program I would have made it myself:D

Hendrixus

7. pdaadp

pdaadp Mobile Deity

yeah, i haven't heard anything good, ever, from that nyditot application.... bogged the machine down, buggy, etc...

now causing buzzing too?

last time i had buzzing was under FE, when i ran it landscape, but luckily, later versions of MyVGA had tweaks to shut that noise off.

8. Hendrixus

Hendrixus Astroman

I once tried it years ago, 2004 on my old AXIM X5 and I didn't liked it very much. It didn't gave me what it said it would give, landscape.

btw.
    Yishin launcher looks great on VGA, even on standard VGA. Forth row on the below.

Hendrixus

Attached Files:

9. pdaadp

pdaadp Mobile Deity

where'd you get those nice icons on your top taskbar?

part of a wisbar-type plugin?

i don't have anything like that running.....when i tried wisbar under SE, it slowed the whole pda down.....

so, now i just use vBar as my task manager to toggle between open apps and close the apps.

10. Hendrixus

Hendrixus Astroman

Wisbar as a part of June's organizer skin. The speed depends of what kind of skin you're using and if it is made correctly. Like I had Magneto installed, the skin and it slow things down. I am back on Magic Button meanwhile. No fancy icons anymore;)

I like to skin without using WA2. How about Pelmar's (Marpel) Wisbar?

Hendrixus