Here are the 10 most sold phones of all time — you’re in for a surprise

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by scjjtt, Jul 1, 2018.

1. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

lelisa13p, Mi An, Hook and 3 others like this.
  2. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

I didn't find the list surprising at all. Once the prefix "smart" is removed, Nokia is the sure winner, and I guess this will remain so for at least another decade., unless some revolutionary model appears, which the Notes and notched devices are not.

Fun fact: I've owned models # 1, 2 , 5, 9, and 10 from that list. All of them Nokias except for # 10 (Motorola).

scjjtt, Mi An, Hook and 3 others like this.
  3. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

I was surprised by the iPhone 6 plus. My wife and I each have one.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

scjjtt, headcronie and RickAgresta like this.
  4. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Not surprised at all now that I think about it. Have not owned a single one of these. I have never been much of a follower it seems.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

5. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

I owned #10. What a wonderful phone until my son sent it through the wash. Like the others, not at all surprised there were so many Nokias. Great phones in their day.

6. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

I call foul. If apple gets to combine 6 and 6+ to boost their standing, then razr should get to have multiple models represented too.

I miss flip phones and those razrs were as sharp as they came.

RickAgresta, scjjtt, Hook and 2 others like this.
  7. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

I had none of those phones. My first phone in 94 was a Sony. It's hard to remember the ones that followed that we got from Verizon. I know we had LG Chocolate phones - they were cool. I'd have to look in the grandkids toy box for the one before & after that one.

jigwashere, Mi An, Hook and 1 other person like this.
  8. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

My first phone was a mitsubishi t250. IIRC, they advertised the display resolution as 10 lines of text. :newpalm: I was very proud. I put an extended battery on mine so it was about 5x the thickness of everyone else's super tiny nokias at the time and all my friends laughed at me, though that wasn't unusual.

The phone had support for some primordial form of data, but it was before my carrier was charging for it. Not that it was super useful, but the phone actually came with at least one game that used it. Gladiators fought with other people using rock, paper scissors mechanics. You'd pick high low or mid to strike at them, and then pick high low or mid to guard against their strike, turn based. Get points, rank up, change weapons. Simple, but fun.

9. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

My first phone is much older than that. It was a Motorola Teletac, although I can't remember the model number. It had a seven-segment display and memory for 10 phone numbers :eek:

In Latin America these phones were called "raspahielos" ("ice scratchers") because they look like the tool used to make snow cones.

The Teletac:

29996-celular-classic-c.jpg

The ice shaver:

51wERx1wTJL.jpg

:D :D

10. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Jig, I mentioned not long ago that I thought that the iPhone 6+ was the 'best' for me, because it was new-ish, but kept the headphone jack, but then I chickened out because it was already 2 generations old (the 7s and 8/10s were already out) when I was considering it and thought maybe it wasn't a good investment (it's still a good phone though).

scjjtt likes this.