Help - stuck in landscape mode!

Discussion in 'General Windows Phone (Plus Windows Mobile, Pocket' started by looneytoone, Dec 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. looneytoone

looneytoone Newbie

Help. I used the following directions to change to landscape mode on my HP Jornada 548 *****(Hidden Jornada Feature:
    Pressing the Action dial while clicking and holding on the clock reveals a hidden "run" command, allowing you to run any application on the system. There's a hidden "landscape mode" command worth trying. Type "rotate r" (without the quotes) and then reset the Jornada using the red button on the back. Then, press and hold the power button for a few seconds to realign the stylus. See http://www.pocketgear.com/tip_detail.asp?id=30 for details, or download a utility such as ChangeOrientation or Rotator to automate the procedure.)****** I followed the exact same directions to change back and nothing happens.

Any solutions?

2. imported_heov

imported_heov Mobile Deity

well, this belongs in the jornada 540/520 forum. it seems like you did the right process...

so you're in landscape mode and you've alligned the screen.

Now, when you go to the run command again, you type "rotate r" w/o quotes and you should see a message saying you need to soft reset and a it will change to 16bit or something.

After you press OK on the message, soft reset the device, and it should come back into portrait mode. Hold the power button to realign the screen...

if that fails, there is a registry value that needs to be changed in order to switch it back to portrait - or you can download the demo of Nyditot Virtual Display and have it switch to portrait mode fore you....

3. looneytoone

looneytoone Newbie

I have downloaded Nyditot Virtual Display as I was not able to even get the run option to reappear. Here is one more question. I am not 100% that I would like to go beyond the trial period and think that after the trial period, this problem may return. COuld you provide more detail on changing the registry?

4. imported_heov

imported_heov Mobile Deity

Once it's in Portrait mode, leave it there.

Ok, so you switched it to landscape mode and you have realligned the screen, so you pocket pc works fine in landscape mode.

I don't know why you can't get the RUN dialog. Make sure you don't have any programs such as gigabar or wisbar there as I think they block that command. PHM Task Manager (www.phm.lu) and some file explorers, such as Resco, have a RUN command built in, where you can type "rotate R" and it should work.

So your problem seems to stem from opening the run dialogue, cause once you've got that, it should easily switch after a soft reset.

I will post the location and reg values later when my PPC is next to me, but that should only be last resort as it's cumbersome if you want to switch between landscape and portrait from time to time... maybe i can write a small program that flips it via the registry like the rotat r command, but as an icon, maybe if i have time...