Help, please.

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by baronkgc, Mar 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baronkgc

baronkgc Mobile Enthusiast

Just packed my 548 in my suitcase for a long air flight. It was inside a leather case ina pretty full suitcase. Now it's not working. The battery was getting a bit low before I packed it but now that's it charged up, it still won't turn on. Tried a hard reset as I have it backed up the the memory card but still dead. Any ideas to keep from would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. marlof

marlof Mobile Deity

I'm sorry to hear this. It sure sounds like a hardware defect. As all Jornada Pocket PCs are still under warranty (none are older than 1 year) I'd say have it shipped to HP.

3. bbarker

bbarker Mobile Deity

I had a similar experience and took it back to CompUSA. They replaced it even though I couldn't find the receipt and it was a month or two past their 15-day return policy.

4. Niaad

Niaad Guest

What is wrong with it, is the screen all gray (sort of looks like a cloud)...?

I had this problem, turns out shaking it solved it...it never happened again then. I know that couldn't have been good for it, but it's worth a shot, I guess.

------------------
    | n i c k |
    nick@niaad.com

5. Jornada user

Jornada user Guest

Similar thing happened to me. I usually keep my Jornada in my back pocket and sometimes sit on it [​IMG] It seemed dead, but I left it alone unplugged for a week and then plugged it in and turned it on. It was totally reset, but now it works fine.

Ed

6. baronkgc

baronkgc Mobile Enthusiast

Well, I tried the shaking, no luck. Now I'm trying the leaving it alone . . . maybe it will come to it's senses [​IMG]

7. Dakkard

Dakkard Guest

I used to have this problem all the time with my nino, all I had to do then is remove the rom and put it back in shame you can't do that on the jornada.......

I would plug it into the craddle, do a hard reset while in the cradle, take it off it's stand another hard reset and put it back on the craddle (with the power supply plug to the craddle all the time) that seems to work for me.

------------------
    -Dakkard

'PEBKAC'
    (Problem exists between keyboard and chair)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.