Help: Message says "This user name is already in use by another handheld device..."

Discussion in 'Sync (Mac and Linux/Palm OS)' started by Bongani, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bongani

Bongani Newbie

I am trying to sync from my G5 iMac (running OSX 4.x) to my Zire 71. I have done it numerous times without problems tho I recently tried "Missing Sync" and iSync (experimenting which was best).

I have decided to use the software which came with the Palm. But now, while trying to sync (using Palm's software) I get the above message. There are no other users listed. How can I overcome this?

Thanks in advance,
    Bongani
  2. BAB2000

BAB2000 An "Olde Moderator" #2 Moderator Super Moderator

I am not familar with how the Mac handles the Palm hotsync conduits and coordinates with your two experimented versions, yet from the description you provided it would seem that the last alternative option you tried is yet controlling the hotsync conduits for your handheld data.

Reinstalling the Palm desktop would be the suggestion recommended to a PC (M$ OS) user. However, there may be another method depending on the last application you tested.

The easiest may be inspecting the Conduits and how set. Remembering that only one conduit can be active at a time for each Palm handheld PIM application.