help! eReader asks for unlock codes for books not purchased on eReader or Fictionwise

Discussion in 'Blackberry' started by annashoop11, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annashoop11

annashoop11 Mobile Enthusiast

Yah, these are definitely eReader pdbs. I tried to comminicate with eReader/Fictionwise, but their support is really pathetic. They responded to my first inquiry with questions about the ebook files, and once I responded I never heard from them again. Frankly, I'm getting a little fed up with them, especially since the last few books I purchased from them took several attempts to download to my handheld.

Good suggestion though about notifying Manybooks, Hook...they don't even recommend eReader at all, but rather MobiPocket.

r0k, I like eReader for purchasing books because the member credits add up to some serious discounts, but they have hardly any free books at all, and i can't seem to make free ebooks from any other site open in eReader on my handheld. However, since I ended up installing MobiPocket on my BB anyway, if it turns out that purchasing from them is as convenient and economical as eReader, I am totally switching. No way am I going to pay for public domain books just for the privilege of reading them in eReader.

2. sangahm

sangahm Palm T3, BB 8320, iTouch

You are not getting the "version 2" error, are you?

From the FAQ:
    "I am unable to open some PDB files and receive the message "version 2" books are not supported.
    This is a known issue and future releases will have support for older Palm Doc files."

3. annashoop11

annashoop11 Mobile Enthusiast

No, first I was being asked for the unlock code. I tried entering the same code that had unlocked all of the other books (even though these were free) but that didn't work.

Then, after I reinstalled it on my handheld, the program couldn't paginate the books. I could open them in the ereader program on my laptop though.

Bottom line: I never was able to open any book in eReader on my handheld that was not purchased from eReader....I ended up just downloading the Mobipocket for reading free ebooks.

4. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

OK, never tried inputting your credit card number in the eReader locked books? FWIW, eReader is famed for its good behavior, in other platforms though, and its rather broad catalog. Mobipocket is not far in catalog and has several added advantages, like the ability to follow RSS feeds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.