HELP! Cannot HotSync Verizon Treo 700P

Discussion in 'Sync (Windows/Palm OS)' started by hlpuears, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hlpuears

hlpuears Newbie

Hi all,

I really hope that you can help me. I cannot HotSync my 700P at all and have done a hard reset so now it is just blank.

Here is the error message from my Log:

(ERROR: EASNotify.dll failed a confirmation query and canceled the sync operation).
    HotSync Error: An application cancelled sychronization or failed to respond to a HotSync notification. Please ensure that you are not currently editing data using applications such as Palm OS Desktop or Install Tool. (8009)

I still have the Palm folder under my Program File and I have saved it as well onto my Desktop as a backup. If someone could walk me through the steps of how to uninstall/reinstall and put my data back on, it would be MUCH appreciated.Thanks so much in advance!!!
  2. r0k

r0k Dazed

Welcome to Brighthand, hlpuears!

It's a little late for you now, but what you are going through is the very reason I turned to Resco Backup. Nvbackup is also available and is free. Both of these are programs which back up your entire device to sd card and restore very quickly after a hard reset. So the first thing to do after you get your phone back intact is invest in an sd card backup solution and set it for automatic nightly backups. Then you are no longer dependent on Windows to protect your data. Over the years, I have come to realize Windows cannot be relied upon for much of anything other than frustration.

In c:\program files\palm\{hotsyncname} is all your data. copy that entire folder to a safe place such as my documents. Also burn it to a cd before you do anything else.

Once you have backed up your data, you can try a number of things. These are not steps, these are options, in order of decreasing desirability and increasing time involved:

1 - In "start->programs->accessories->system tools->system restore" do a system restore to get back to the last day you were successfully able to hotsync. Your user data folder should still be there but you have a backup just in case.

2 - Uninstall and reinstall Palm desktop. Your user data folder should still be there but you have a backup just in case.

3 - Contact Verizon customer service and see if they have any suggestions.

Hope this helps...
  3. Josser

Josser Mobile Deity

WELCOME to the Brighthand Forums.

The number 8009 is used to designate a range of errors, usually related to an incomplete installation of Palm Desktop.

Check out Palm® Support Knowledge Library article 1005 How to resolve an 8009 error.