Hello Old Friends!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WyreNut, Aug 14, 2016.

1. WyreNut

WyreNut Palm Aficionado

Hello again all my Old Friends! :D

While I sometimes feel like Kevin Costner at a lonely fort (at support.hp.com), I do miss the great times and threads we've all had here at Brighthand!

Although the Borg, (UM, I mean HP!) has treated me well, I feel my skills provided there will soon end. When absorbed into their website program, I was granted entry in the "Expert Program". This enabled me to have access to 3 of any of their devices made per year. At the end of the year, I get to donate the devices to the charities of my choice! It's been a good gig, and a lot of deserving local charities have benefited from their generosity. The fact they still offer a PalmOS section still amazes me! (BTW, if anyone else feels motivated to get free stuff, all you have to do is post a few thousand posts there and you're IN!!!) ;)

I have also been a part of their Beta programs, and got to test some cool PC's/tablets.

I just had a local friend fly back to Louisiana, and got caught in the horrible weather they've been suffering under. I tried to express the fact that I "felt your pain" and wanted to link him to the mess I went through way back when. I KNEW I could find the links here on brighthand.com, and sure enough, this was my source!

When I came back here to research the links, I was amazed (and ashamed I hadn't checked back sooner!) that all y'all are STILL HERE!

Looking forward to catching up with all of you. I hope to be retired soon, and appreciate a good network of friends/contacts!

WyreNut

2. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

Welcome back, old friend! :newpalm:

Chronos, lelisa13p, scjjtt and 3 others like this.
  3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Indeed, WyreNut, welcome back old friend!

4. WyreNut

WyreNut Palm Aficionado

Congrats on hitting 18k posts!

WyreNut

5. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Welcome back, WyreNut! Last I recall, you were fighting the good fight against airlines' passenger abuses, working at a women's prison and still riding your motorcycle. I hope all has been well with you. I'd love to hear more about your adventures. :newpalm:

6. wozofoz

wozofoz Time Traveller

Welcome back WyreNut :hi:

All the best, woz of oz

7. WyreNut

WyreNut Palm Aficionado

Thanks all!

Still working at a CA State Prison, but promoted across the street to one that converted to a Mens Prison. Mucho Differente from working with 4,000 females! :)

The prison I'm now at is the "Best Behaved" prison in all of CA, but --- we are also now the only "Total SNY" prison in CA. (SNY = Special Needs Yard.) In most other prisons, they have one yard dedicated to SNY. The inmates classified as SNY are an "eclectic bunch" - child molesters, dirty cops, and gang dropouts. AKA, these folks would be killed if blended with the General Population. The guys I work with now are pretty mellow. They arrive and we go to work. No overload of hormones interfering with daily operation! ;)

It's a bit of a Twilight Zone perception for those who transfer here. We have members of all races playing basketball together. You do NOT see this in other prisons!

A new hobby of mine is flying a UAV - aka "drone". Been to Hawai'i with it several times, and have a lot to learn about post-video production software!

Here's a link to some raw footage from Kaua'i:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71661802/Kauai Coast Princeville 2015.mp4

Might need to mute the audio as these things sound like a hornet's nest!

WyreNut

lelisa13p, r0k, Hook and 3 others like this.
  8. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I want one of those!

lelisa13p, r0k and scjjtt like this.
  9. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Make that two! That's a great video, WN! Glad to see you back here.

lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.
  10. SGosnell

SGosnell (retired) Palm Pilot

Welcome to retirement! It's great, I highly recommend it. :cool: