Hard Reset Procedure for 210 ??

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by Andriash, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andriash

Andriash Mobile Deity

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone determined the proper procedure for hard resetting our 210's, such as holding down a couple of hard keys and hitting the reset button with the stylus for example?:confused: What buttons do you hold down, and what is the procedure for releasing them, if any?:confused:

Thanks for your help.

2. beechwood

beechwood Mobile Consultant

From the Product Guide.PDF:
    "Press the Application Key 3, Application Key 2, and the Voice Recorder button simultaneously and hit the Reset button once.
    Press and hold the Application Key 3, Application Key 2, and the Voice Recorder button until Clean boot is displayed at the bottom of the screen."

It took me both hands and putting the stylus in my mouth. And the "Clean boot" message was a little hard to see. It appears in the lower left quadrant of the screen. Small green letters, just above where it says "iPAQ".

3. woofwoof

woofwoof Mobile Deity

How is this different from using the iPAQ assistant to do a factory reset? Does this erase the memory?

4. beechwood

beechwood Mobile Consultant

I'm guessing the iPAQ Assistant is on the CD, as I don't see it in the 210 itself and my CD is still in it's shrink warp. As far as I can tell, a "hard" and "factory" reset are the same. Your 210 is virtually reset to an "out-of-the-box" state. The only exception is that anything installed in the 'iPAQ File Store' will remain undisturbed.

5. gorayomd

gorayomd Newbie

Does anyone have an image/pic of the "Clean Boot" screen or boot up screen?

6. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Former TX/Ipaq 210 User

Gorayomd welcome to BrightHand!

Theses are the instructions from the manual (which was already stated)
    1. Press the Application Key 3, Application Key 2, and the Voice Recorder button simultaneously
    and hit the Reset button once.
    2. Press and hold the Application Key 3, Application Key 2, and the Voice Recorder button until
    Clean boot is displayed at the bottom of the screen.

The book didn't show the screen that I saw and I'm not in the mood to do a hard reset just for a picture but the words "Clean Boot" will be displayed on the bottom 1/3 of the screen and when you see those words that's when you let go of the 3 buttons you have been pressing. And as was said earlier it works best to place the stylus in your mouth for pressing the reset hole.
    Mick

To see the boot up screen just press the reset button by itself . The only differenceis that a hard reset will say "Clean Boot" and a regular or soft reset will say nothing.