Hard reset: now Wifi does not work!

Discussion in 'Palm' started by luigi, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

I´m having troubles with my LD, and I'm searching for some help.
    Everything was fine up to yesterday. Suddlenly, I start having problems with Versa Mail and Blazer. Each time I was tapping the icon, the LD was soft resetting giving a "null memory error" or something like that. This was the third time this happened to me in about 6 months of LD usage. Remembering the previous times, I resolved the problem with an hard reset, and recovering my infos via Resco Backup. Everything did work fine, a couple of soft resets, and ready to go! I tought...the problem now is that everything runs fine, I can open Versa, read my previous mails, etc. But, I cannot connect to wifi anymore! My LD does not seem to see any available network, although I'm roughly 4 mts. from a router, and my laptop, for instance, show and "excellent" signal.

Any hint?

Luigi

2. Masterchief

Masterchief Superfluous Moderator Super Moderator

Hi. Is your network secured? After the hard reset your profile may not have been restored. First, go into prefs/ Wifi/ Setup. The LD will scan for available networks. Tap your network when it is found and tap edit and configure. You may have to re-enter the SSID and key if they have been deleted.

3. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

Hi, and thanks for the suggestions.
    Actually, I do have both secure and unsecure networks. Where I am, I actually see at least three different networks. With a PC...none with my LD. And, yes, my LD recovery retained all the configurations (WPA, and IP setting). I also tried to completely erase the network configuration of the strongest signal closest to me, and to scan with LD. Although the signal should appear, it doesn't...
    Might wifi adapter be broken?

Luigi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.