HandBrake Updates to 0.9.4 with Over 1,000 Changes, 64-Bit Support

Discussion in 'Multimedia (Palm OS)' started by jigwashere, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

2. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

Is this for the Windows version or the Mac version?

A while back, someone mentioned that they thought the Windows version ALSO ripped directly from DVD to file (without needing an intermediary program for stripping out copy protection, etc.). I tried to use HB for Windows that way and it didn't work. Anyone know if this version does that?

By the way, as an aside, I had an email exchange with someone from Catalyst, which is program that DOES rip DVD to file straight and was on promotion for $10 I think. It seemed good; but I haven't had a chance to download the trial or play with it; and I don't know if (given the season) I will right now. It does sound very easy and 'one-touch.'

3. Hook

Hook Hookette's edgy lately

As you can see HERE, it is for all platforms. I don't know about ripping as I've never used Handbrake.

4. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

My link in the first post:

5. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Thanks for the heads-up, jig! I hadn't noticed the upgrade. Particularly interesting is the promise that the constant quality feature has been improved to the point that two passes are no longer needed. I'm a bit skeptical about this, so I'm running some tests to see if I can notice any difference.

Another interesting feature is that now soft subtitles can be added (instead of burned or hard coded on the image).