Had to share: funny Bluetooth names !!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by holvoetn, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

A couple of weeks ago when I was at Bristol Airport, I had the bright idea to run a Bluetooth scan to see what was around :rolleyes:
    I encountered quite some strange names (I will spare you the details on some of the things I saw), but there was one which made me spray Diet Coke all over ;)

It was just too hilarious to keep this one for myself :D (unless I was missing a hidden message :( :confused: )

What names do you encounter out there ?

Attached Files:

2. DragonHunter

DragonHunter Bow, bow, bow, bow

That is too funny. Haven't thought about war walking for BT. I haven't found any networks nearly that entertaining on the wifi side.

3. cassidy0423

cassidy0423 Bad Robot

Oh my goodness, that is a hoot!!!! Thanks for making my morning, H :)

cassi

4. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

Very funny, H! :D :D :D

<Hook finds himself wondering about the names H is sparing us... ;)>

5. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

Suffice to say they were not appropriate as potential content for this family board :rolleyes:

6. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

HAHAHA!!! :D

Thanks, H! "People watching" in airports is usually "interesting," but electronic scanning seems to offer quite some potential, as well!

<Joe-Boy decides his Palm's name, "Joe's T3," is now boring, as is his laptop's name, "Joe's Laptop." He decides to think up new names, which he might or might not share here... :D >

7. Curious Cat

Curious Cat Mobile Deity Super Moderator

Slightly off topic here but it reminds me of a show about Japan I saw the other day. It seems its very prevalent for young people there to find people of the opposite sex by using Bluetooth or something similar. They put out a description of themselves and a description of what they want in a mate. If there is a match within their proximity while they are walking through the crowded streets, both phones signal their owners and they look for each other. Its sort of like a computer dating service without the middle man.

8. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Yeah, I saw this on a CSI Miami episode. :)

9. Scoobie10

Scoobie10 Cowboy in the Jungle

Ha! Thanks H.

10. PDA Bach

PDA Bach Dunsel

<PDA Bach compiles a suggested list of names to JRakes. They are all printable in a family forum, funny as all get out, and clever to boot. Unfortunately, PDA Bach cannot establish a BT connection so the message remains in his "Draft" folder where the only people who enjoy it are the ultra-dimensional beings who inhabit the world of electrons and usually only interact with us by causing unexpected fatal exceptions and corrupted files. (Yes, that's really how it happens.)>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.