H1910 is out. I bought one!

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by imported_mar2k, Dec 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JNGold

JNGold Mobile Deity

See my post in the ViewSonic forum. And, most certainly if you can do it on a 1910, you can just as well do it on a ViewSonic. Probably more so because the V35 supports SDIO.

2. ctitanic

ctitanic Mobile Deity

Well from this numbers all I can see is the same that I have been saying since I saw the benchmark numbers. The 1910 is not much faster than any ARM. ;)

I understand what you are saying and I don't blame intel only. There are other point like the Bus speed that can cause the low performance we see in XScale devices. But keep in mind one point. From the VOBenchmarks you have two numbers that you have to check if you want to know how fast a pda will perform: Memory move and Text. Of course the Graphics parameters are very important if you are a player. But I found that those graphics parameters are not so representatives to give you an idea of how fast is a pda ;)

3. anthonymoody

anthonymoody Mobile Consultant

I picked one up at the CompUSA on 37th and 5th in NYC yesterday if anyone is interested...they had at least 2 more in the display case, not sure how many in stock total. They had one out on display too but the battery had not been charged (I guess) b/c it wouldn't turn on at all. I'm giving it to my girlfriend as a Christmas present so wont be able to provide more feedback until December 26th :( But that's ok b/c by then you all will have figured out all the issues!

TM

4. i_am_cdn

i_am_cdn Pocket Theme Fanatic

Well despite everything it sounds like the upgrade for me. Now if only it would get here in Canada I'd be happy.

I'm suprised that HandheldCanada.com is only listing the high end 5400 as avialable for pre-order ($1000CDN ouch!)

5. ottoman2

ottoman2 Mobile Deity

Yeah, I almost went for the Viewsonic but the H1910 form factor beat out the SDIO and jog wheel. And I could use all of the RAM I can get. I can't believe the 36 megs is for real. I thought the CompUSA demo was defective when I saw that number.

6. i_am_cdn

i_am_cdn Pocket Theme Fanatic

I find it interesting/curious that on HP's .com site they list the 1900 and all accesories, but when I visit there .ca site the only new iPAQ that list at all is the 5400???

Maybe us Canadians aren't worthy of the 1900 :confused:

7. Coolhandace

Coolhandace Mobile Consultant

8. NewtonDKC

NewtonDKC Mobile Deity

Actually, we don't know for sure yet whether the 1910 has serial support. HP's tech specs say that it doesn't have serial support, but I haven;t been able to get anyone who has one to see if serial connections are still listed (or if they were actually removed from the OS, like the 525 removed USB support from the OS and even popping it in a USB cradle wouldn't work).
    From what I've read, the 1910 connector is actually like the 3800/3900/5400 series connector (not the old 3600 series), although backwards.
    Please, someone who has one take 5 seconds to tap Start -> ActiveSync, click the Tools Menu ->Options and see if anything other than USB is listed in the drop down menu for connection options!!!!

9. Brian K

Brian K Mobile Evangelist

The Ipaq 1910 is gorgeous. I just played with one at my local Compusa, and it is almost perfect! Great size, great screen.

The 1910 most probably has no serial support whatsoever; neither does the Toshiba E3x0/E740, but it should only be a matter of time before a USB -> serial cable is available. See the toshiba forums for details on their serial escapades.

Brian K

10. entropy1980

entropy1980 Mobileslash

Brian K what CompUSA (what city) did your see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.