Greater Alternatives to Flip3D for Windows XP!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by yorker, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yorker

yorker Mobile Deity

As of many of us know, Flip3D looks like a great feature on Windows Vista. I have played with Flip3D on Vista HP Pavilion laptop. There was some delays. I had also Googled reviews about Aero Flip3D, many users said it had slowed down there computer or there was a slight delay when launching the feature. The downsides of Flip3D was that you had to have the Aero Glass Feature on or Flip 3D would not work. Well the biggest disadvantage is obvious, its not compatible with Windows XP users.

Well I have great news. I have found 4 similar applications and 1 in development. Here are links, pics and info of the applications:

1) TopDesk

[​IMG]

http://otakusoftware.com/topdesk/

"With TopDesk, you can harness the full power of your current hardware and experience Flip3D-like window switching on Windows XP and Windows Vista Home Basic." Available for $17.95. <I had evaluated this product and it was the closest to Aero Flip3D, but better>

2) SphereXP

[​IMG]

http://www.spheresite.com/

SphereXP has simple way of displaying windows inside a sphere instead a flat desktop. It also has more varities of displaying the windows of your choice, but a much higher price than TopDesk. Available for $29.90.

3) Madotate

[​IMG]

http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12357

Madotate is fairly a cool 3D Desktop Tool, allowing it to randomnly place windows according to their perspective. Fortunately this 3D Desktop Tool is Freeware and available for download.

4) Yod'm

[​IMG]

http://chsalmon.club.fr/index.php?en/Yod-m-3d-about

By far my favorite:newpalm: :D . Yod'm is entirely different then all 3D Desktop Tools. Instead of placing Windows in a 3D aspect, the whole desktop turns into a cube and is able to flip around into a new desktop. At the same time you can have one application, such as Windows Media Player, open in one desktop and 3 others in the separate desktops. Great for Multi-tasking. The best thing about this application is that it's FREE!:D

5) Bumptop

[​IMG]

http://bumptop.com/

Bumptop is simply AMAZING, but it's still in development:( . It's kind of like playing a game and at the same time organizing your different formats of files. You can stack, throw, pull, and push files around with its intricate physical effects. You can see a video of Bumptop at work at the above link.

2. yorker

yorker Mobile Deity

How do you make links to words like "HERE"? I never got a chance to find out.

3. yorker

yorker Mobile Deity

How can I change the thread's name?

4. Streaky

Streaky I can't remember

Edit/create a post. Highlight the word you want to act as the link. Click on the picture of a globe and chain link above the text box you are in. Enter the URL of the link in the subsequent window and click "OK". It's a good idea to check the finished post to make sure it works.
    You can change it from this point in (as above) or ask a Mod to change it. Not sure of they can, though.

Those 3D tools are cool! I'd already forgotten about Flip3D - I'll have another play on my Vista box tonight.

5. yorker

yorker Mobile Deity

Thanks Streaky! Yea, they are pretty cool. What Vista package do you have?

6. Streaky

Streaky I can't remember

Home Premium (pre-loaded). I don't think I'll upgrade to the licence above. I'm just waiting for the Office 2007 suite to arrive on DVD (I bought it through a work deal for just &#163;17.00!)

7. yorker

yorker Mobile Deity

Didn't Office Suite 2007 come out already? Wow! $17, you got to be kidding! My sister has Home Basic and my Dad is going to try to get the HP Touchsmart. Does your Vista OS computer not turn off when you use the "Shutdown" button? It happens to my sister's laptop.

8. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

&#163;17.00 = $34

Jc

9. dogbarber

dogbarber No one in particular...

smartypants....:D

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  10. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

That is why I got straight A's. :p

JC