Got the iPhone Video Cable

Discussion in 'Celio (Redfly)' started by Ed Hardy, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

I decided to invest in the Redfly Media Cable, so I can watch video with my iPod touch. This is a one-piece adapter to lets you play on the Apple device but see them on the Redfly's much larger screen.

This is handy for people who travel a lot, like me. I'm going to use it to watch movies on the plane. It even charges the iPhone/iPod.

Just keep in mind, it has strict limits: the only app I've found so far that supports video out is Apple's video player. I'd have liked to be able to watch TV with my HAVA Player on the larger screen, but no luck.

BTW, if anyone knows of other iPhone apps that support video out, please let me know.

If you're interested:
    http://www.celiocorp.com/catalog

Look Before You Buy
    As I said, I think it is a decent investment for people with a Redfly and iPhone/iPod and travel a lot, but not really for me -- I wasn't paying enough attention while I was shopping and bought the wrong kind of adapter. See, I already have the Redfly Universal Media Cable, which includes a composite plug. All I needed was a something to convert the iPhone/iPod plug to composite. Still, it's handy to have a one-piece adapter to handle the job.
    -

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.