Got Spam?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Help and Announcements' started by LandSurveyor, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LandSurveyor

LandSurveyor LandSurveyor

Hello,
    I started a new topic yesterday:
    Brighthand.com - SmartPhone and PDA Discussion > Device Suppliers > BlackBerry (RIM) > Blackberry on Southern Linc?

Got a spam "reply" this morning. I would have clicked the triangle as instructed but for some reason, the forums are only coming up in a stripped-down format, Maybe I'm getting flipped over to the mobile site?

Anyway, just wanted to turn it in.

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

I hopped over and reported it; were you logged in on your mobile device, or laptop/desktop?

3. LandSurveyor

LandSurveyor LandSurveyor

On my desktop. Dunno what's going on. The odd behavior with the site preceded the spam.

4. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

You can select the site skin you want to use by going to the bottom left corner of the page and clicking the drop down. Most of us prefer "Plain Style" for desktop use.

5. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

I reported that spammer when they first showed up. :)

You really don't have to worry about SPAM not getting reported here. Why do they even bother. :rolleyes:

6. Mi An

Mi An Untethered

No kidding. I even pride myself on spotting preparatory botspeak, the generic posts that precede spamming. I figure they've begun adapting to that adaption (they're like viruses) and are preparing a new surprise: an incredibly helpful, very personable poster who even reports other SPAM who's been here for so many years people could never suspect him.

I strongly suspect that RickAgresta's 10,000th post will be pro pharmaceutical! :eek:

7. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

Ready for a BH OT party? :D

8. Mi An

Mi An Untethered

I'll bring the cheetohs.

9. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

I've got soup! And NO, it is not spam soup... :rolleyes:

I, too, report spam as soon as I see it, usually very early in the morning when logged-on users are few. All things considered, I think the BH community does a very good job of keeping "unwanted solicitations" under control, and a big part of that credit also goes to the Admin Team.

Did you get your site oddities fixed, LandSurveyor? If not, the next step I'd probably try would be emptying your web cache and restarting your browser...

10. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

You guys and girls surely do !
    It is impossible for the mod team to be online 24/7 and to look at all possible posts so any help we get in that area is definitely appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.