Google Voice Opening Tomorrow???

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mi An, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

2. Scott_L

Scott_L Palm til it's gone!

It was MUCH better IMO as GrandCentral. Features such as custom ringers are gone. Worst of all, it just doesn't work right for me anymore. Hopefully they'll fix it up again.

3. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

4. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

5. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

CBS' The Early Show just did a little demo of Google Voice and talked about some of its benefits. They also announced that Google Voice is starting to take people off the waiting list and issue phone numbers to them this week.

6. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

Thanks for the head's up, here's the link if anyone else wants to see it. I've been on GrandCentral's waitlist since last year, right after it shut down invites. Google said it imported GC's list, but just be safe, I added another email to their waitlist when it launched in March.

7. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

NBC's Today Show announced they're going to talk about Google Voice this morning.

8. brickman65

brickman65 It's a state of mind..

This should be of interest to all interested in Google Voice.:newpalm:

9. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

Good news. :) Except for the part about me having to log in to every email address I own every day now while I wait :eek:

10. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

With a little twitter search, I've found tons of people getting their invites from Google (And oddly, tweeting their numbers for the whole world to see). Of course, I signed up on the waitlist over a year ago, so I can't remember what email address it is. My routine each morning now consists of logging in to 8 different addresses at 6 different providers, all through a web interface. I'd like to know as soon as my invite comes so I can get a good number.

I used to route all my mail through pop3, but when thunderbird stopped being supported, I stopped putting it on new systems and now I only use web interfaces. I'm going to have to finally face the music and find myself another email client.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.