Google Home Mini

Discussion in 'Android OS' started by jigwashere, Dec 9, 2018.

1. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

We used the heck out of the broadcast feature to call the son to dinner when we lived in Virginia (3-story house -- well, 4 counting the basement). I'm trying to remember why I just got a third mini for free. Maybe my first Chromebook? I still don't have anywhere near your collection, but Sprint did just send us an email wanting us to verify our Sprint Perks discount is still valid. I was wondering how they were going to force us over to T-Mobile, but now I realize that it's by taking away our Sprint discount that we've had for almost 20 years (the dear wife has switched companies like 4 times since we first got that discount). So, when the entire family of six moves over to Google Fi, maybe we'll each get another mini.

headcronie, scjjtt and jigwashere like this.
  2. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

My parents just got the Sprint discount verification notice as well. Dad re-upped his discount so thankfully we're still good to go.

Our Amazon speakers are relegated to playing music, and in the bedroom, just playing a constant thunderstorm. Amazon is dumber than a rock when you ask it to fetch web searches. Asking Google the exact same question results in the answer we needed. Amazon is anyone's guess.
    The one nice feature we have is on our Echo Show. That gets used daily for a video call to my parents. It's Skype / Meet / Zoom without touching anything. Otherwise... I don't think these things are worth the money they're charging for them.

3. z22 2006 User

z22 2006 User BHOT's Own Fluffy

I don't know if it's my speech problems, me not speaking clearly into the phone, or it just not knowing the answer to my question, but after awhile on my iPhone 5c when I used it Siri just couldn't understand what I wanted to know. I've since stopped using voice assistants entirely, so I have no idea where they stand now.

4. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

I unplugged my Google Home Mini after it randomly responded to my son yelling at the TV with "I am ready to read you your rights". I figured involuntary citizens arrest by an AI is probably going to go on the list of things he tells his therapist about someday.

5. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

:vbgrin: :vbgrin: :vbgrin:

Hook, jigwashere and headcronie like this.
  6. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

love_zippy.jpg

jigwashere, headcronie and lelisa13p like this.
  7. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Have I been quoted? :vbgrin:

8. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Actually, no, in XenForo terms. It was a screenshot and properly cropped. <G>

lelisa13p, jigwashere and headcronie like this.