Good-bye Verizon

Discussion in 'Carrier Discussions' started by Crutcheeees, May 31, 2012.

1. Crutcheeees

Crutcheeees Newbie

So I think I have finally reached my breaking point with Verizon. Now I fully understand that I may be acting a litte rash, and a lot of what has driven me to this point is by pure bad luck with timing...but I just cant take it.

Today Verizon announced their promotion of double the data is ending on June 5th, i.e. 4GB = $30. I have been a Verizon customer for 10+ years...got my first phone when I was 17 now i'm 28 and always been relatively happy...but now, not so much.

I was able to upgrade a few months ago, but chose to hold out in the hope the Galaxy Note would come to Verizon or at least another unique phone, something that offered something a little different. There is still no solid evidence this will ever happen...just weak rumors that HTC is going to make a "phablet" or the Note 2 will come to Verizon in 6 months or so...my contract expires this month so that wont help me...

Now, they are taking away my unlimited data (unless I shell out $700 for a phone) and I wont be able to benefit from the double data promotion and they still have the most generic phones on the market...I understand the MAXX is good, but really its the same as any other android phone just a better battery life...I have chargers at home, car and work so that doesn't really effect me...

I'm not sure what this company is doing but I definately dont like it. I know leaving Verizon wont help my wallet...and it wont hurt their top or bottom line either, but I think that just for my own peice of mind I need to take a stand and go over to the enemy, even though I feel they have a weaker product...

2. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

I suspect that ATT will not be far behind in phasing out 'unlimited' data (which isn't really unlimited). I think it's a bit unfair to blame Verizon for not offering the exact phone you want. I'm on Verizon and don't love them and I'd like the Sprint Evo LTE on Verizon; but I don't blame them for not having it.

3. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Please do not make generic posts responding to old threads. Consider this a warning.

RickAgresta and Hook like this.