Going to Upgrade to the iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iOS / iPhone' started by Ed Hardy, Sep 15, 2011.

?

Are You Going to Get an iPhone 5?

Poll closed Oct 13, 2011.
  1. Yes, on Launch Day

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. Yes, when my contract runs out

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. No, I'm tired of Apple. I'm switching

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, I'm not interested.

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  5. No, I'm waiting for the iPhone 6

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Exactly the reason that my son is using my 3Gs and loving it as much as I did. :newpalm:

After the iOS upgrade, we'll all be sitting pretty. ;)

2. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Sorry to hear about the scratch.

3. CLeonard

CLeonard Brighthand Site Admin Super Moderator

Why I oughta...

4. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

Well, since there's no iPhone 5 yet...

5. r0k

r0k Dazed

I don't look forward to "talking" to the voice rec in my phone. Maybe I will once I play with one in the Apple store but right now my track record with voice rec is so-so. From trying to get the phone information "bot" to understand there is a city called Detroit and it's not in Illinois to trying to convince my nav system Gratiot is a street and isn't pronounced grey something (it's grashut where the "a" sounds like the "a" in grad). If you design a nav system that doesn't recognize the name of one of the 5 largest streets (8 lanes wide 30+ miles long) in a metro area, you outa be shot. I'm just all fed up with voice rec. Apple has a track record for doing things right but I'm content to sit this particular feature out for a year.

I do want a better camera. I always want one of those. And longer battery life. And more storage. But I'll be waiting till the next model anyway because At&t has me in their grip for another year and whatever was said today wasn't $600 of my own money worth of exciting.

It's pretty funny that all those iPhone 5 mockups, cases and rumors probably turned out to be about the iPod Touch. Pretty funny. You know what else was funny? More was said about Sprint outside of the Apple meeting than in the meeting. The Sprint announcement seemed to go something like this...

New OS! New Features! iCloud! New iPods! New iPhones! On At&t, Verizon and Sprint. New Phone features! Step right up! iTunes Match! New OS! Get yours today.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015