Global Warming - Fact or Fiction?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NetBrakr, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

Yes, that's right. And the paper of his I referenced above is the basis of what he believes. :)

2. Glennski

Glennski How Little I Know -Bucky

Here in Chicago we had what the National Weather Service officially called a "late winter storm" yesterday 11 April. I personally had a problem with that since the season is officially Spring. Anyway, we had lots of snow and slush and I cheerily greeted many folks with "Merry Christmas."

Does anyone know whether such an aberrant snowstorm is related to Global Warning. Cheers, Glennski

3. Curious Cat

Curious Cat Mobile Deity Super Moderator

No facts here, just simply MHO-The global warming phenomenon can supposedly cause aberrant weather patterns that would include cold weather at unexpected times. That said, I don't know and I doubt if anyone knows whether this particular snow storm was related to global warming.

4. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

Ok, there is no doubt about it that global warming is true. This should re-title as Global Meltdown. Why? Because global warming is coming much faster then you think. New research tells us that within 10 years, most of the ices of the world will melt and our climate is irreversible. Since the ices melted, that means temperature will get higher much faster, more power hurricane (possible we will need to add another category, like Category 6 or 7), raising sea levels, and more destruction. I don’t know about you guys but I definitely don’t want that to happen, especially to my children and my grandchildren. How many of you lived on low land, like the near the beaches? Well, just enjoy it for now, because later, it will be all gone. If we don’t stop global warming, the world as we all know now is going to be VERY different. OH GOD HELP US.

Capt. JC

5. Curious Cat

Curious Cat Mobile Deity Super Moderator

I have to disagree. There are many doubters out there. I'm just not one of them. :)

6. dogbarber

dogbarber No one in particular...

Which god?:rolleyes: :cool:

I have first hand information that says flooding won't be an issue.;)

...and it had to be verse 9:11. Great. <twilight zone theme heard in the background>

7. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

Be serious.

Capt. JC

8. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

<Hook tries to resist pointing out the futility of such a command a)in Off Topic and b) from someone calling themselves Cpt Nutso>:rolleyes:

Netb, yes, it is serious. But aside from the already covered "yes, I think we should be concerned" vs "no, I'm not convinced," what exactly would you like to discuss here? :)

9. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

NetBrakr, if you have information, please post a link rather than just saying something is so. Since checkable facts started to be posted in this thread, a lot of people stopped arguing for the sake of arguing. :)

10. PDA Bach

PDA Bach Dunsel

NetBrakr, to dogbarber, that is serious--it's a matter of belief.

However, dogbarber, I don't believe Genesis says that there won't be any flooding and the global warming people are not expecting the total innundation of all land.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.