Global Economy Is On Shaky Ground But At Least...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NetBrakr, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

I think this is the same frog-in-a-warm-pond effect Adama mentioned in another thread. 2 years ago, $299 would have produced mobs with pitchforks and torches. ;)

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

true, Hook, but in the referenced thread, at least one has choices regarding what device to use for your specific needs. In suburbia, with poor public transportation (at best, its poor), I gotta drive. so the price coming down a dollar/gallon, nearly 25% of the cost in, what, July?, is better than it staying high.

edit: PS-- you forgot to mention the tar and feathers (or are you saving them for the eventual new Pres. and V.P.?

3. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

yes, I do know, I feel it too, although, at least for comuting, I was clver enought to rent and then buy a 5 minute walk from the commuter train. :)

Oh, and there is some sort of mob by-law that says you can have pitchforks and torches OR Tar and feathers, but not both. :rolleyes:

4. r0k

r0k Dazed

It seems that Dubya has got himself on a dollar bill...

The current financial crisis makes this particular joke that seems to have surfaced in late 2007 even more relevant now than it was then.

Attached Files:

5. palmgeek5394

palmgeek5394 Nokia N800 + HTC Wizard

:D Just one of the many reasons I love BH. ;)

6. New Cell

New Cell Unleashed Enigma

TO ALL MY FRIENDS.... LIBERAL OR CONSERVATIVE... FYI only.

George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years. The first six the economy was fine.

A little over one year ago:
    1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
    2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;

3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%.

4) the DOW JONES hit a record high--14,000 +

5) American's were buying new cars,taking cruises vacations overseas, living large!...

But American's wanted 'CHANGE'! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress and yes--we got 'CHANGE' all right. In the PAST YEAR:

1) Consumer confidence has plummeted ;

2) Gasoline is now over $4 a gallon & climbing!;

3) Unemployment is up to 6.1% (a 10% increase);

4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION DOLLARS and prices still dropping;

5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

6) as I write, THE DOW is probing another low~~ $2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM THEIR STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT PORTFOLIOS!

YES, IN 2006 AMERICA VOTED FOR CHANGE... AND WE SURE GOT IT! ....

REMEMBER 'THE PRESIDENT HAS NO CONTROL OVER ANY OF THESE ISSUES', ONLY CONGRESS.

AND WHAT HAS CONGRESS DONE IN THE LAST TWO YEARS, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

NOW THE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT CLAIMS HE IS GOING TO REALLY GIVE US CHANGE ALONG WITH A DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS!!!!

JUST HOW MUCH MORE 'CHANGE' DO YOU THINK YOU CAN STAND?

7. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

RE: The original topic (shocking, isn't it? :D )
    Gas has finally dropped a bit here - Say it for $3.16 / gal today. And I even found premium to tank Woody up! It's still not available at all stations, though, and even fewer have diesel...

8. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

good to hear some good news Joe-Boy ... this AM regular was $3.05...except for the idiots that are still asking $3.20 «RA can be heard muttering “price-gougers” as he walks away…»

9. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

I'm not sure if the actual supply is getting back on track in this region, or if the federal and state investigations into price fixing / price gouging from a few weeks ago are having an impact. (30%+ price swings during a single afternoon did seem a bit "extreme...") But I know my Woody is happy!

10. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

$2.94, but with the stock market the way it is, how much longer will this last?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.