Gas Prices.......... INSANE!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NetBrakr, Apr 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dogbarber

dogbarber No one in particular...

Is that in pesos or yen???:D

2. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

To be exact: 0.95 EUR per liter. You may check the conversion for yourself as an exercise since you claimed in another thread not to be too proficient with numbers :D

Off Topic: had a good night rest ? ;)

3. dogbarber

Numbers and me don't mix so well....and to think I went to school to be an engineer!

I got about 5 hours'a sleep....PLENTY!!! :)

4. r0k

r0k Dazed

What struck me is that gas prices went to an extreme low leading up to the election. Oil company profits are obscene. I simply can't help but wonder what is going on when companies with record profits somehow voluntarily lower their prices leading up to an election with an "oil man" in the white house. Simply to avoid a "rubber stamp" syndrome these next two years, I hope the dems take both houses. I don't want them wasting their time on impeachment witch hunts but rigorous debate over this war has been delayed long enough.

Anyway, back to gas prices, I hope the (relatively) low prices extend well into next year. I've seen it as low as $2.09 but lately the prices headed back up toward $2.29. That's high enough for now.

5. Tom LaPrise

Tom LaPrise Absent-Minded Professor

Well, we got the House, and the Senate race is very close...

I noticed that too with the gas prices. Most stations in Monroe and environs are at about $2.28, but the Pilot Travel Center at I-75/Nadeau Road is still at $2.19. Never quite got below $2.

6. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

Correction: both the House and the Senate. The AP has called Virginia for Webb.

Here's hoping that the oil companies are scared straight by the vision of hungry new congressional committee chairs wielding subpoena power and looking to make political hay.

7. Glasstream15

Glasstream15 Mobile Deity

It will go up now and more taxes will be following quickly.

8. PDA Bach

PDA Bach Dunsel

Gas prices here (AZ) have gone up 4 cents since the election. So far. As of early this AM.

9. Glasstream15

Glasstream15 Mobile Deity

Dropped a penny here yesterday. But we elected Jeb's buddy so that keeps things fairly smooth for awhile.

10. dogbarber

<db searches the floor for Glasstreams lost penny> um, I can't find it in here. Retrace your steps, where were you last when you saw your penny? *zoink*:D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.