Gas Prices Are Continuing To Drop

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NetBrakr, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

a guy I worked with had a Camry hybrid, and was into hypermiling…his best, iirc, was ~48mpg, mixed city & highway. I got 54 pmpg coming home from Penn State last summer, in my Sienna minivan…66pmpg going out

pmpg = person miles per gallon

2. cassidy0423

cassidy0423 Bad Robot

Sorry - I was including Andy in the trio :eek:

3. New Cell

New Cell Unleashed Enigma

Gas Prices down is wonderful indeed...
    However like all commodities demand dictates...

The problem is simple...!
    Where does the price drop stop...
    I'm a bank and I need to place a value on an item I'm lending on...

Oh, sorry! that value has changed 3 times this week...
    As a bank I'm scared to lend on anything that will drop in value...:newpalm:

My friends wait for stabilization in the market. 8K has seem to become the bench mark if you follow...

Do not sell, ride it out. This is a historical movement forward repeated several times...The worst is to sell, keep and ride it out or buy if you can.......:newpalm:

N/C

4. berylrb

berylrb Mobile Deity

read something similar today New Cell, the thought was that all this intervention in mortgages will suspend the real estate bubble busting and draw out hitting bottom for what 2-4 years, but if the government did not intervene the market would dictate more realistic prices such that folks could come in with the 20% down to get a conventional loan ... is it the tail wagging the dog, or is it protecting 2 million mortgages at ridiculously high values that the market can't possibly sustain save by government intervention? you (rhetorical) decide? :p

5. New Cell

Hi Friends,
    At often times my remarks or in this case printed fact has resulted in my punishment...
    Banded from the web-site and bad points given to me...:(

I wish you all the best Adama...:newpalm: And I really mean it...:newpalm:
    I'm only passing on information that is in fact true and you all can conclude your own opinions, but do your homework...;)

Yes I'm conservative, and I hope my fellow liberals feel that we all can work together and make our lives better...
    And not change just to change for the sake of change, but change for the good for all...:)

This article is pretty testy for a San Francisco liberal news paper...

This is truly an amazing article by one of the most liberal newspapers in the country. Send it to everyone you can. It is the truth. San Francisco Chronicle...

Just passing on information and take it for what it is worth. Please...! I'm not looking to be punished again...n/c

6. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

NC, please include a link to the original article instead of copying the whole thing. Members can then decide for themselves if they wish to investigate further. (Copywrite rules may apply, also.)

Your post has been edited accordingly.

7. New Cell

It's from the San Francisco Chronicle. I will look into the specific link...:)

8. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

The link is HERE

This was never published by the Chronicle. It was published by Chronwatch, a conservative blog started to present ideas the founder believed were not represented by the Chronicle's bias (so, what, the Examiner is no longer being published? ;) ).

I am not passing judgment here, but simply clarifying sources. :)

9. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

<torn between his sense of 'on-topicness' & his attitude toward manure, RA flips a virtual coin…>

on edge?! who'd've guessed *that* could happen?

$1.649 last night…oh, Hook, you could've warned me that wearing a nice pair of Wellingtons was advisable, prior to clicking your link ;) *how* am I going to clean all that dung from my dress shoes?

10. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

My description should have been all the warning you needed. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.