Garmin Mobile XT v5.00.10 - anyone installed on their Advantage?

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by Rambler, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rambler

Rambler Mobile Deity

The installation of this new GMXT update went fine for me. However, whenever I try to run it the black splash screen appears and then I get a Garmin Mobile XT error message saying the following:
    "The system is low on memory. Please free some memory and restart the application." It's hard to believe I have a memory issue with 50MB Storage and 70GB Program memory available. :confused:

So I'm curious if any other Advantage users have installed this update, and what your results were? The previous version I was using (v4.20.50) had no issues.

2. Rambler

Rambler Mobile Deity

Okay, found out the issue with GMXT. The culprit was Spb Mobile Shell's (v2.1.2) Today plugin. I've notified Spb about the issue, and *hopefully* it'll be addressed in a future update.

3. pdagel

pdagel Mobile Enthusiast

Yes, SPB's plugin and generally, if you have too many Today plugin's will usually drain the performance for launching Mobile XT in my experience. Are you sure it is only Spb's Mobile Shell Today plugin that is the culprit? When I run Mobile XT I usually reboot in safe mode and use the the application without any hitches. I love this new version! It is beautiful! I noticed, however, that it lags a bit more than the previous version I was running, 40.20.50.

4. Rambler

Rambler Mobile Deity

Well, considering that when the plugin is active I get the low memory error, and when it's not I can run GMXT - then yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the plugin. ;)

I usually have this mounted on my motorcycle and I'll have GMXT in the foreground, and PocketMusic playing in the background. This works quite well for me unless Bluetooth is being used to output the audio, then the audio stutters if GMXT speaks a routing instruction. Using the audio output jack works much better for me on the bike.

5. Jim1348

Jim1348 Newbie

Hopefully it is permissible to resurrect this thread. I just bought a Pharos GPS Phone 600 and I am using Garmin Mobile XT on it. I Really like the combination. Now I am thinking of trying to find a nice used HTC Shift and getting Garmin Mobile XT for it. Do the windshield mounts available for these work pretty well, or would this be too large for use in a full size Chevrolet pickup truck?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.